Windows 10: Access to compressed folder denied

Discus and support Access to compressed folder denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I apologize if this question was already asked but I am trying to install a CAC reader for my Windows 10 laptop, but every time I try to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jaehyun012, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Access to compressed folder denied

Hello,

I apologize if this question was already asked but I am trying to install a CAC reader for my Windows 10 laptop, but every time I try to open the installation folder, I get an error messaging saying:

"Windows cannot open this folder.

Access to this Compressed (zipped) folder is denied."

I've tried searching for the folder and I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Please help.

Very Respectfully,

J.

:)

jaehyun012, Jun 12, 2019

2. Access to compressed folder denied

Brand new computer and just downloaded a zip file and I get an error message that states, "Access to the compressed folder is denied"

How do I access my files on my own computer?

drewmoore13, Jun 12, 2019
  3. jwhllc Win User
    Access denied to compressed file

I saved compressed folder to Dropbox from a OneDrive for Biz account that I was closing. Though the properties identifies my Microsoft Account as owner, I a denied access. I changed permissions to add "everyone". but get the same error. How can I gain
    access to this folder?

jwhllc, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Access to compressed folder denied

Access denied to compressed file

Hi,

It seems that the account that is logged in to your computer is not an administrator account that is why you are unable to change the permission settings of the compressed folder on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.

Are you connected to a work domain?
    • Are you using an administrator account or a standard user account?

Meanwhile, if you are using an administrator account, we suggest that you try to create a local test administrator account and check if you will be able to change the permission settings of the folder. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a local administrator account.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Access to compressed folder denied

1. Access to compressed folder denied - Similar Threads - Access compressed folder

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  4. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: I am trying to delete a folder from my computer but I get the message"You require permission from DESKTOP-K80A0CS\prboy_ikch6mt to make changes to this folder" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/6400ade0-f3f4-4a12-9ca8-1c6a8fc42e0c
  5. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  6. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: I have a folder under Users/<Me>/Pictures that I need to rename but am unable to. I get the following error: [ATTACH] NOTE: I am this user and also "own" the folder: [ATTACH] How do I resolve this? Any ideas?...
  7. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  8. Access to the compressed zipped folder is denied

Access to the compressed zipped folder is denied: [ATTACH] help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-denied/9bbe03b7-758c-4042-8c60-33e9ba17c7df"
  9. folder access denied

folder access denied: Quand j'essaie d'ouvrir certains dossiers il m'est impossible d’accéder car je reçois le message "Vous ne disposez pas des autorisations requises pour accéder a ce dossier"...
  10. Folder Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Folder Access Denied: I recently tried to change my Username from the default first five letters of my email address by following one of Shawn Brinks tutorials. After three or four failed attempts I gave up and am stuck with the default which is C:\ User\grtat. I will probably return to that in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access to compressed folder denied windows 10

2. access to the compressed folder is denied

3. Compressed (zippedadministrator permissions windows 10

4. access to the compressed zipped folder denied change permissions,
  5. access to compressed folder denied,
  6. window access denied to explorer compressed folder,
  7. microsoft windows access denied when trying to compress folder,
  8. how to open compressed zip folder access denied,
  9. windows cannot open the folder. access to the compressed zip folder is denied