Windows 10: Access to device manager denied.

Discus and support Access to device manager denied. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M426FDW (new) and HP ENVY Desktop – 750 (year old). I first tried to install the printer from supplied install cd. It came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkSchilbe, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Access to device manager denied.

I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M426FDW (new) and HP ENVY Desktop – 750 (year old). I first tried to install the printer from supplied install cd. It came back with an error, took to long to install, stopping installed. In addition, I download the install software for the printer and tried, same result.

I followed all the help tips from HP, no luck.

I next tried it from the device manager, no luck. Error: Access Denied I remove all printer driver and tried no luck. I tried HP Scan and Print doctor; no luck Error access Denied. I think the problem is with Window 10 Pro. Can someone help. Thank you

:)

MarkSchilbe, Apr 30, 2019

2. "Device Access Manager has denied access to CD/DVDs"

Hello Donald,

This error seems to be caused by HP Client Security/Device Access Manager blocking access to USB/external devices.

Upon further researching, "HP Device Access Manager allows an administrator to restrict and manage access to hardware. Device Access Manager can be used to block unauthorized access to USB flash drives where data could be copied. It can also restrict
    access to CD/DVD drives, control of USB devices, network connections, and so on."

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps below to enable access to your external flash drive:

1. Click or tap on Start, search for HP Client Security.

2. Under Device, click or tap Device Permissions.

3. In the Device Class, make sure to set the access to
    Allow-Full Access.

You may also try checking the Drive Security and see if your external drives are restricted:

Access to device manager denied. 456beceb-7cfc-4c64-8756-9d4e28dc9c32?upload=true.jpg

Access to device manager denied. 1612a583-4b66-406c-ae64-3cb8f3e53e07?upload=true.jpg

Note: "Standard user can view their current device access. Administrators can view and make changes to the device access that is currently configure for the computer by clicking or tapping Change, and then entering the Administrator
    password."

I would also recommend checking this link
    to learn more about using the HP Client Security.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    "Access is Denied" in task manager

Hi Joshua,

The error message that you're getting may occur due to the restriction for a certain system file or folder. To get the full access on your device, open
    Command Prompt (Admin) and signed in with your username and password and check if you'll still see the "Access is Denied" message.

The Windows Defender is the default antivirus of Windows 10. You can open
    Settings
    > Update and Security > Windows Defender > toggle off
    Real-time Protection. If you want to permanently disable it, follow these steps:

• Tap on the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
    • Type regedit.exe and hit Enter.
    • Confirm the UAC prompt to continue.
    • Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.
    • If you see the preference DisableAntiSpyware on the right, double-click on it and set it to 1 to disable Windows Defender.
    • If the preference does not exist, right-click on Windows Defender and select
      New > Dword (32-bit) Value, and name it DisableAntiSpyware.

To restore Windows Defender at a later point in time, delete the key or set its value to 0.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. Click
    here for assistance.

You can disable the startup programs using the Task Manager. Here's how:

• Right-click on an empty area on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • When Task Manager comes up, click the Startup tab and look through the list of programs that are enabled to run during startup.
    • Right-click the program and select Disable.

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Apr 30, 2019
  4. danicolaj Win User

Access to device manager denied.

Could not open Service Manager: Access is denied

Hi,

I downloaded gpu-z - I can run it as administrator, it works great.

Thing is, I need it to be running from a user account to monitor what happens in a given user situation.

But even if I Run as Administrator I get this error message:
    Could not open Service Manager: Access is denied

do you know why and a way around this?

thanks,
    dani

danicolaj, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Access to device manager denied.

1. Access to device manager denied. - Similar Threads - Access device manager

2. Credentials Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials Manager Access Denied: Hi All,I am having issues with the Credentials manager. Non of my passwords are saving and it affecting my ability to use certain apps like Adobe Creative Cloud. I can't open the Credentials manager at all even though I have full access to the file. Keep getting the same...
  3. Credentials Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credentials Manager Access Denied: Hi All,I am having issues with the Credentials manager. Non of my passwords are saving and it affecting my ability to use certain apps like Adobe Creative Cloud. I can't open the Credentials manager at all even though I have full access to the file. Keep getting the same...
  4. Denied access to 'Device Manager' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access to 'Device Manager' in Windows 11: I tried opening Device Manager today and it gave me an error saying, "This app has been blocked for your protection." Please help me resolve this issue. I never faced it before....
  5. Denied access to 'Device Manager' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied access to 'Device Manager' in Windows 11: I tried opening Device Manager today and it gave me an error saying, "This app has been blocked for your protection." Please help me resolve this issue. I never faced it before....
  6. Task Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager Access Denied: Hello Community, I recently wanted to terminate end a task a task that keeps crashing my PC. As i click *End Task* it shows up 'Access Denied'. How can i fix this? sorry if its low detailed, if you need more info just reply...
  7. Task Manager 'access denied'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'access denied': When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-access-denied/472e548c-c469-4a62-8771-d44284bbd8b0
  8. TASK MANAGER "ACCESS DENIED"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER "ACCESS DENIED": Hello there i was installing a new software call music maker 2017 steam edition on my pc so i opened all good for this point but it started to crash and after that i decided well maybe is a bugg i would turn off my pc . i turn off the pc i started as normal but this...
  9. Device Manager Access Denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Access Denied.: I restarted my computer and now when I open device manager it says "This App has been blocked for your protection". I am using an admin account. Whenever I try to get windows updates I get an access denied error as well....
  10. "Device Access Manager has denied access to CD/DVDs"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Device Access Manager has denied access to CD/DVDs": I get the above message every minute on my HP Revolve 810 which does not hace a CD/DVD. I cant retrieve data on my flash drive or save on it. What is the problem...