Windows 10: Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts?

Discus and support Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi - this user accounts area has stumped me - can you help? I have downloaded a number of games from the Microsoft store. But on my pc I have a child... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by shalamar, Feb 18, 2017.

1. shalamar Win User

Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts?

Hi - this user accounts area has stumped me - can you help?
    I have downloaded a number of games from the Microsoft store. But on my pc I have a child user account for my three children via the Microsoft family accounts windows 10 online software.
    How do I make the games I have downloaded on the admin account available to the children's accounts on the pc? Presumably there is a better way than downloading it in each childs account?
    Cheers

:)

shalamar, Feb 18, 2017

2. Microsoft Sudoku not available to other users

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The Games which you download from Windows store are account specific. So if you have downloaded any game using your account from the Windows Store, then only you will be able to play and other users cannot access it.

So if they need to play them even they have to login to their Microsoft account and download from the Windows store using their Microsoft account and access the game to play.

Keep us posted if you are facing any further issues in Windows.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 18, 2017
  3. EL-win10 Win User
    downloaded games do not appear for other computer users

I have downloaded various games from the MS Store, but the games only appear in the account that I used to download. My computer has multiple accounts and I wants the games to be available to all users.

EL-win10, Feb 18, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You'd like to think so but as far as I know, no. You have to install them separately for each account.

You can share the same store logon (so you don't have to buy them again) but you have to download separately for each account as it puts data on different place on the disk for each user.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/hen...h-your-family/

5. shalamar Win User
    Well thanks for the very speedy response IX07 - although I am quite amazed that I have to do this - so the answer is a little disappointing - but that's on Microsoft yeh? So actually it's a huge effort when you have three or four childrens accounts to set up - and want shared desktop links with appropriate icons for them too... and on top of that I noticed that deleting facebook from the admin account does not delete it from the kids accounts... so more work needed deleting facebook, skype and all of the other dangerous social media access that I don't want my kids to have access to.
    Is it just me - or is this a little crazy... surely there's got to be a better way.... this takes so long to set up.....
    But thanks again IX07 for the advice - much appreciated.
    Cheers

shalamar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts? - Similar Threads - Access downloaded store

2. Microsoft Store and Microsoft Store Apps are accessible on User Accounts, but not...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Microsoft Store Apps are accessible on User Accounts, but not...: Hi, I am having trouble with accessing apps I have downloaded from Microsoft on my admin account.First of all, the Microsoft Store app is not listed in apps and features on the admin account and does not appear if you search for it. However, it is available to the other users...
  3. Downloads end up on all users account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Downloads end up on all users account: Hello, there are four accounts on my family pc and when i download something everyone else gets the download, for example i downloaded google earth on my account but the other three accounts got it as well. Is there a way to download stuff without other accounts getting the...
  4. Windows 10 games on all user's accounts

Windows 10 games on all user's accounts: I purchased Forza Horizon 4 and installed it on my account. I can't figure out how to play the game at all on my children's accounts. I was hoping they would be able to start the game over on each of their accounts and have their own profile. Is this not possible?...
  5. Accessing User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing User accounts: Where can I access and switch between users on my Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-user-accounts/280f1b96-13f3-4a18-94e5-85872de42a99
  6. user files are accessible to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user files are accessible to all users: I am setting up a new computer. I am set up as administrator local account and I have added my kids as Other users local account-not administrator. I do not want to set them up as a Microsoft accounts. The new computer has one small hard drive for storing the operating...
  7. Application not accessible from all user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application not accessible from all user accounts: I downloaded and installed several applications on my new Dell Windows 10 desktop PC. On it, there is one Admin account and three user accounts: J, E, and V. Installations were done using the Admin account. All the applications are accessible from all the accounts except...
  8. Can a hacker access all user accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a hacker access all user accounts?: Hello everyone! As you know, Windows allows you to set up multiple user accounts on one computer. If I got hacked, can the hacker access all user accounts, or just the one I was using at the time I was hacked? Thanks! :) 130220
  9. Microsoft store delete all games and delete access to the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store delete all games and delete access to the store: I do not wish to have any games installed from the store. In fact, I don't want the store listed on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-delete-all-games-and-delete-access/33b8d46b-ae29-4104-87d8-c14d3125020e
  10. Users account access

Users account access: Hi I wanted to delete stuff from my ext hard drive but kept saying I didn't have access as I wasn't an administrator I am only one using this system but when I saw the list in security settings there seem to be about 3 unknown users. Is it ok to delete them without messing...