Windows 10: access to files

Discus and support access to files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have no idea of what device this message speaks. I am not connected to a network. OneDrive should be on my computer. I would like to delete OneDrive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gregthos1, Jul 2, 2021.

1. gregthos1 Win User

access to files

I have no idea of what device this message speaks. I am not connected to a network. OneDrive should be on my computer. I would like to delete OneDrive, but it shows up on my computer, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.What does one do to make OneDrive available?

:)

gregthos1, Jul 2, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 2, 2021
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

access to files

1. access to files - Similar Threads - access files

2. olympus digital voice recorder vn-960pc -- stuck in "HOLD" position; cannot access files or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    olympus digital voice recorder vn-960pc -- stuck in "HOLD" position; cannot access files or...: Hello:I have an Olympus digital voice recorder VN-960PC. The "hold" button slides up and down on the side of this device. However, the button fell off while the device was off and in the "hold" position. As a result, the device is turned off, and I have not been able to turn...
  3. olympus digital voice recorder vn-960pc -- stuck in "HOLD" position; cannot access files or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    olympus digital voice recorder vn-960pc -- stuck in "HOLD" position; cannot access files or...: Hello:I have an Olympus digital voice recorder VN-960PC. The "hold" button slides up and down on the side of this device. However, the button fell off while the device was off and in the "hold" position. As a result, the device is turned off, and I have not been able to turn...
  4. quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11: the quick access area on top of files when opening file explorer, no longer theirfile explorer only shows recent and favorite filesi have run DISM.exe came back with no problem....
  5. quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11

quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11: the quick access area on top of files when opening file explorer, no longer theirfile explorer only shows recent and favorite filesi have run DISM.exe came back with no problem....
  6. No one has access to a file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No one has access to a file?: i was messing around with icacls and chatgpt i accidently lock myself out of python anytime i try running anything, i make it worse try deleting all thje files 1 file named python.exe in windowsapps wont go i ask chatgpt who was the one who did thisi n the first place THEY...
  7. No one has access to a file?

No one has access to a file?: i was messing around with icacls and chatgpt i accidently lock myself out of python anytime i try running anything, i make it worse try deleting all thje files 1 file named python.exe in windowsapps wont go i ask chatgpt who was the one who did thisi n the first place THEY...
  8. Runtime error at 110:69 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime error at 110:69 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by...: I am running demo Windows 11 on Mac Parallels just for this one game I play usually on my home desktop. I got it running smoothly since 2022 until a few days ago I went in to update the game with it's installer.exe and I got this error "Runtime error at 110:69 The process...
  9. Runtime error at 110:69 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by...

Runtime error at 110:69 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by...: I am running demo Windows 11 on Mac Parallels just for this one game I play usually on my home desktop. I got it running smoothly since 2022 until a few days ago I went in to update the game with it's installer.exe and I got this error "Runtime error at 110:69 The process...
  10. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...