Windows 10: Access to home computer with my laptop single user

Discus and support Access to home computer with my laptop single user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how can I access my home computer using my laptop both computers have windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BerylBaer, Jan 27, 2020.

1. BerylBaer Win User

Access to home computer with my laptop single user

how can I access my home computer using my laptop both computers have windows 10

:)

BerylBaer, Jan 27, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 27, 2020
  3. how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      Access to home computer with my laptop single user 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    Access to home computer with my laptop single user 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    Access to home computer with my laptop single user 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    Access to home computer with my laptop single user 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jan 27, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Access to home computer with my laptop single user - Similar Threads - Access home computer

2. My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to...: My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to access my computer, but I can access the shared files thru the e-mail I sent myself when I shared the folders on my computer. Where do I check this permission issue?...
  3. My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to...: My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to access my computer, but I can access the shared files thru the e-mail I sent myself when I shared the folders on my computer. Where do I check this permission issue?...
  4. How to set up my windows11 pro personal home computer as a single user Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up my windows11 pro personal home computer as a single user Operating System: I have a new HP Omen 40L gaming and Business Desktop computer. I have been trying to set it up as a single user Operating System that is being used for networking and for IT Developer projects by someone who is using Microsoft network as an administrator with public token key...
  5. How to set up my windows11 pro personal home computer as a single user Operating System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up my windows11 pro personal home computer as a single user Operating System: I have a new HP Omen 40L gaming and Business Desktop computer. I have been trying to set it up as a single user Operating System that is being used for networking and for IT Developer projects by someone who is using Microsoft network as an administrator with public token key...
  6. Home to Single Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Home to Single Language: I have Dell Inspirion 3505. I had Windows 10 Home Single Language. The OS got corrupted. I have to reinstall with Media Creation Tool.I cannot find ISO for WIndows 10 Home SIngle Language. I checked this link and it said i should choose Version 1703 but it does not...
  7. Cannot access other computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  8. Resolving hosts on single computer on home network

Resolving hosts on single computer on home network: Hi there, I hope someone can help. I have the "resolving hosts" issue on one of my computers on a home network - other devices are all fine. The problem affects more than just one browser. In fact, I have recently replaced the computer in question but the replacement a...
  9. Access to another computer on my home network.

Access to another computer on my home network.: When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my computers. What now?...
  10. Sharing a single folder gives complete access to C:\Users

Sharing a single folder gives complete access to C:\Users: I have two computers on my network, a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 1803. Attempting to share a single folder always forces the entirety of C:\Users to be shared with the network. The other computer is able to access every folder and file contained within...