Windows 10: Access to internet, but no network icons

Discus and support Access to internet, but no network icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple of days ago, I had to get a new tv box because ours was just old and needed to be replaced. (We have our tv and wifi combined). Before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dark Victini, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Access to internet, but no network icons

A couple of days ago, I had to get a new tv box because ours was just old and needed to be replaced. (We have our tv and wifi combined).

Before the person came and fixed/replaced the box everything was fine with the internet but now I am getting high ping on online gaming and hang ups. At first I thought it was just the internet line being bad somewhere but ever since then I can't find my wifi connection on my computer.

Access to internet, but no network icons 00962a40-c9c4-4032-bc7c-d46d8ccefb04?upload=true.png

Whenever you click on the network & internet settings It brings you to the settings which would normally have the router name and other info but it is just blank.

Access to internet, but no network icons b41cb039-7444-449c-87cf-77f8b8715a4f?upload=true.png

Is this a windows 10 issue or a network/router issue?

:)

Dark Victini, Sep 4, 2018

2. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 4, 2018
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Access to internet, but no network icons

No Internet access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Since from when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and try resolving the issue.

Step 1:Run inbuilt
    Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter
      and check if the issue resolves.
    If the issue doesn’t resolve check with next step.

Step 2: I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve Wired and wireless network problems.

Wired and wireless network problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Access to internet, but no network icons

1. Access to internet, but no network icons - Similar Threads - Access internet network

2. Network Icon Shows No Internet Access But Connected In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Icon Shows No Internet Access But Connected In Windows 10: I am facing this problem for many months. it was okay as I was able to use the net. But recently I wanted to update my windows 10 to 11 through the windows insider program. I am connected to the INTERNET through ETHERNET but The network icon is not showing so. I can browse...
  3. network internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network internet access: question from a non techie, when signing into banking, browsing etc on the internet, my signal changes from private to public!!! I have had BT Tech out to check my equipment and there are no problems! Have been through all the get help which have not worked, the last thing I...
  4. Windows 10 version 20H2 icon network No internet access

Windows 10 version 20H2 icon network No internet access: My company has the system Proxy Forcepoint and all of the computers in my office using Windows 10 version 2004 and 20h2 and login account via Domain. I knew the bug No internet access in 2004 that fix on version 20h2. But after installing the new OS from 2004 to 20h2, the...
  5. Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected

in Windows 10 News
    Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade or update your Windows 10 and you notice that the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) on the notification area/system tray on […] This article Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. internet works but network icon says "no internet access"

internet works but network icon says "no internet access": My internet/wifi is working properly, but the network icon has that round symbol that means "no internet access". The problem is that Microsoft Store thinks I don't have internet connection, so it won't let me download apps. I know the problem is not with my wifi, because...
  7. Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access

Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access: Since today the network icon on the taskbar of my ASUS X556UV started saying that I don't have internet access to the network I'm connected to with an ethernet cable. This isn't correct because I can still use the internet for browsing, streaming etc. The main problem is...
  8. Connects to network, no internet access.

Connects to network, no internet access.: Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very...
  9. Network Icon falsly report no internet access

Network Icon falsly report no internet access: Bonjour, My network icon is showing the yellow ! and saying I have no internet access which is false. I have installed, uninstalled, updated network drivers but to no avail. Anyone facing the same issue and having a fix? 67278
  10. Internet Access but no Network Access

Internet Access but no Network Access: Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi...