Windows 10: Access to Laptop accidentally set

Discus and support Access to Laptop accidentally set in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to prep a Window 10 laptop for a friend; however, he turned it on and gave it a name without an associated email and with no password. How... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by The Rev deniray mueller, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Access to Laptop accidentally set

I am trying to prep a Window 10 laptop for a friend; however, he turned it on and gave it a name without an associated email and with no password. How can I override the booting to correct the name and set-up the laptopn?

:)

The Rev deniray mueller, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 6, 2020
  3. how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      Access to Laptop accidentally set 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    Access to Laptop accidentally set 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    Access to Laptop accidentally set 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    Access to Laptop accidentally set 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Access to Laptop accidentally set

Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Access to Laptop accidentally set :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Access to Laptop accidentally set

1. Access to Laptop accidentally set - Similar Threads - Access Laptop accidentally

2. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.: Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer...
  3. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.: Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer...
  4. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...: Hi there, I've attached an old hard drive to my pc and I've started a process for granting full control on folder USERS to my userid. Windows 10 was happily granting the permissions to the folders and files under USERS when, accidentally, the external hard drive got...
  7. Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...: Hi there, I've attached an old hard drive to my pc and I've started a process for granting full control on folder USERS to my userid. Windows 10 was happily granting the permissions to the folders and files under USERS when, accidentally, the external hard drive got...
  8. Accidentally accessed unsecure site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally accessed unsecure site: Dear support. I accidentally accessed an unsecure site by typing the site i wanted to go to wrong. And since i am pretty paranoid when it comes to safety. I am a little worried. I immediately typed the site in the search bar again after seeing the "" at the securr...
  9. Accidentally clicked the wrong setting!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally clicked the wrong setting!: Hi can anyone help me please, I was downloading a link for a mod for fallout new vegas from a site on google chrome the issue is when i clicked the link and the pop up to choose the location for the download etc.. I accidentally clicked so that it ALWAYS downloads and...
  10. New Laptop Accidentally Set Up With Wrong Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Laptop Accidentally Set Up With Wrong Microsoft Account: I have just purchased a new HP laptop (Windows 10). During setup I accidentally used an existing family Microsoft Account; however this is mainly associated with my son’s Xbox Gold (account), thus when trying to access software like Outlook, etcetera they open up...