Windows 10: Access to "MY" Computer

Discus and support Access to "MY" Computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, there are a couple of anomalies "MY" computer. First you latest update to "MY" computer seems to have disallowed me access to two of my three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenMcM, Oct 22, 2021.

1. KenMcM Win User

Access to "MY" Computer

Recently, there are a couple of anomalies "MY" computer. First you latest update to "MY" computer seems to have disallowed me access to two of my three hard drives. Each time I move a file to "MY" D or E drive, I'm told I need administrator permission. Fortunately, I am an administrator on "MY" computer.However, some programs are not quite written the Microsoft way, and if I attempt to use them to save a file to D or E drive, the package will tell me I don't have the rights or similar in this case, I must save to a folder on C: but not in the root because recently, I have no rights to write t

:)

KenMcM, Oct 22, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 22, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

Access to "MY" Computer

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Access to "MY" Computer

1. Access to "MY" Computer - Similar Threads - Access Computer

2. My husband passed away recently. I do not know how to access his computer to get the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My husband passed away recently. I do not know how to access his computer to get the...: My husband passed away recently. I do not know how to access his computer to get the photos. I don't know his pin or password. Can you help please?...
  3. My husband passed away recently. I do not know how to access his computer to get the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My husband passed away recently. I do not know how to access his computer to get the...: My husband passed away recently. I do not know how to access his computer to get the photos. I don't know his pin or password. Can you help please?...
  4. My husband passed away recently. I do not know how to access his computer to get the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow internet access for one of my computers: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro but can't seem to get a stable access to the internet. Most times I get a "can't reach the internet" type of response after it times out. Other times it eventually connects.Pings within my network vary from 2ms to several thousand ms,...
  6. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

Very slow internet access for one of my computers: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro but can't seem to get a stable access to the internet. Most times I get a "can't reach the internet" type of response after it times out. Other times it eventually connects.Pings within my network vary from 2ms to several thousand ms,...
  7. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Why is my network access not working on only some of my computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my network access not working on only some of my computers?: I have a network set up in a small business setting. I recently installed a new computer running windows 11 as a hub for all of the shared information my employees need to access. The computers accessing that computer are a mix between windows 10 and 11, and all but one are...
  9. Why is my network access not working on only some of my computers?

Why is my network access not working on only some of my computers?: I have a network set up in a small business setting. I recently installed a new computer running windows 11 as a hub for all of the shared information my employees need to access. The computers accessing that computer are a mix between windows 10 and 11, and all but one are...
  10. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...