Windows 10: Access to my OneDrive folders has suddenly changed

Discus and support Access to my OneDrive folders has suddenly changed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From what I understand, I have two OneDrive Folders; One is on my Hard Drive (I refer to this Folder as the ‘Local’ OneDrive Folder) and the other is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crescent786, May 31, 2019.

1. Access to my OneDrive folders has suddenly changed

From what I understand, I have two OneDrive Folders;
    One is on my Hard Drive (I refer to this Folder as the ‘Local’ OneDrive Folder) and
    the other is accessible through the Internet (I refer to this Folder as the ‘OnLine’ OneDrive Folder)

I always work on my ‘Local’ One Drive Folder and it usually display ‘status’ icons against each folder

I can access or open my ‘Local’ One Drive Folder, by clicking the OneDrive Tile on my Start Page or by Clicking on my OneDrive shortcut-Icon on my Taskbar, at the bottom of my screen

There is also a OneDrive Icon in the right-hand corner of the taskbar, and if I right click on this Icon then there are a number of options available to me to work on my OneDrive Online Folder.

However, (I just cannot understand this)
    1. The OneDrive Tile (on the Start Page) or even the One Drive Program Icon was both missing.
    2. I tried to re-install but had to uninstall first and then re-install.
    3. Now when I start OneDrive, my Local OneDrive Folder does not open but a blue folder (page) opens and this displays the Online OneDrive Folder
    4. My Local OneDrive Folder does not display any status icons and when I place a test word file in it, this file did not upload to the OnLine OneDrive Folder
    5. There is no OneDrive Icon in the right-hand corner of the taskbar, so I cannot go to settings and see if my Local OneDrive Folder has been moved or needs moving.

I am a little(or rather a lot) lost!!!!

What do I do?
    How do I correct this situation.
    I want to use OneDrive off my Local OneDrive Folder.
    I want to see all those status Icons.

Please instruct me / help me
    Thanks

:)

crescent786, May 31, 2019

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Access to my OneDrive folders has suddenly changed ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 31, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Access to my OneDrive folders has suddenly changed

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We would require some more information to assist you better:

• What is the current location of One Drive folder? Is it the default one or have you changed it?
    • Are the files getting synchronized properly?
    If the location is default, then I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right click on One Drive folder.
    • Go to Customize tab.
    • Click on Restore default and click on
      Apply
      and then OK.
    Reply with the updated status and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Access to my OneDrive folders has suddenly changed

1. Access to my OneDrive folders has suddenly changed - Similar Threads - Access OneDrive folders

2. Onedrive has emptied my local folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive has emptied my local folders: Help! Onedrive has emptied my local folders under ThisPC/WindowsC:/Users/myname/Documents How do I get them back? I wanted to use Onedrive as a cloud backup for my local data. But now it's all moved and not in my folders.How do I get things back in order? How do I prevent...
  3. Onedrive has emptied my local folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive has emptied my local folders: Help! Onedrive has emptied my local folders under ThisPC/WindowsC:/Users/myname/Documents How do I get them back? I wanted to use Onedrive as a cloud backup for my local data. But now it's all moved and not in my folders.How do I get things back in order? How do I prevent...
  4. The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents": In Windows, the name of one of my OneDrive folders is showing as Documents intead of its folder name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-name-of-one-of-my-onedrive-folders-has/38637d49-dc70-4fcb-8d27-cd505f175a0d
  5. The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents": In Windows, the name of one of my OneDrive folders is showing as Documents intead of its folder name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-name-of-one-of-my-onedrive-folders-has/38637d49-dc70-4fcb-8d27-cd505f175a0d
  6. The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. A OneDrive Folder has disappeared

A OneDrive Folder has disappeared: I'm experiencing a problem where one folder in my OneDrive has totally disappeared, I can look it up and I can see it one time empty without any recent activity in the history and another time when I sign in again I cannot see it! can you please advise to whom I need to...
  8. OneDrive has suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive has suddenly stopped working: Have had no problems since buying the computer in 2014 this past week, I suddenly get messages that I am not signed in. When I try, the little wheel just keeps turning and turning. Not allowing me to do anything at all....
  9. My onedrive screenshot access has stopped

My onedrive screenshot access has stopped: My onedrive screenshot access has stopped working,whenever I press the the PrtScr on the keyboard I get a five box pop-up in the middle top of screen,yes i have backup with tick and OK,close and re-check,the tick disappears,I repeat the process same result...
  10. OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations: I have un-linked OneDrive from my computer. If I go to explorer and click 'This PC' in the left pane, it shows 6 folders on the right: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos. If I right click on Downloads and hit properties, the Location tab shows me:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changed access for one drive and cant access anything

2. why has onedrive changed access?

3. why did the new onedrive hijack my folders

4. OneDrive siigned meout and then i lost all folders,
  5. my onedrive icon was changed,
  6. my one drive files status has changed ,
  7. onedrive no icon right hand task baron,
  8. onedrive files not accessible fro online folders are there files will not load