Windows 10: Access to my personal info

Discus and support Access to my personal info in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently opened a new business and needed a desktop. I purchased one and without thinking set it up using my Microsoft account. I just purchased a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HillviewAutomotive, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Access to my personal info

I recently opened a new business and needed a desktop. I purchased one and without thinking set it up using my Microsoft account. I just purchased a new laptop and while setting it up I realize my office help can access all of my personal info. I'm not comfortable with that. But my understanding is, the only way to change that is, #1 buy another computer and set it up under a new Microsoft account. Or #2 create a new login for office help and lose access,( for the office help ) to all of the programs already purchased, and being used to run my business. Is there an option I'm missing here?

:)

HillviewAutomotive, Dec 17, 2018
  2. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Dec 17, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Access to my personal info

Unable to update Microsoft account personal info. Can't use the Store with error: "Your account is missing some key info"

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with editing Microsoft account and accessing Windows Store, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-in Live.com/ Outlook.com from the Microsoft account you are facing issue with.

Try to edit your personal information from the browser and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to log-in to your user account from different browser on different browser, try to edit your personal information and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Link: Microsoft
    Account troubleshooter

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:
    • Corrupt Microsoft Account settings
    • Can’t connect to the sync service
    • Problems with Microsoft account Policy
    • Microsoft Account required
    • Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues
    • Problem with system registration
    • Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled
    • You are not connected to the Internet
    • Proxy Settings
    • You have reached your daily sync quote
    • Sync your settings is turned off
    • Check system not activated.

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Access to my personal info

1. Access to my personal info - Similar Threads - Access personal info

2. why does it not let me edit my personal info?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does it not let me edit my personal info?: when i try to edit my personal info it is all blanked out and it does not let me click on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-not-let-me-edit-my-personal-info/d90ef4da-fdaa-460a-8ffd-749a3e54af73
  3. why does it not let me edit my personal info?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does it not let me edit my personal info?: when i try to edit my personal info it is all blanked out and it does not let me click on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-not-let-me-edit-my-personal-info/d90ef4da-fdaa-460a-8ffd-749a3e54af73
  4. How to clean computer of any personal info.

How to clean computer of any personal info.: My 9 year old Win 10 desktop does not support Win 11. Only use for e-mail and web browsing.. Is there a simple and easy way for this Senior to get rid of any personal info floating around beforerecycling.? May treat my self to new Win 11 computer as a Xmas gift. Many thanks....
  5. Can't access my Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my Personal Vault: I can't access my Personal Vault. After I put my password in and go through the Verification procedure I get a message saying that "We couldn't unlock your Personal Vault. We encountered an unexpected error and could not unlock your Personal Vault. Please try again. You can...
  6. Can't access my personal vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my personal vault: I'm logged into my Microsoft OneDrive account. However, when I try to access my personal vault to get a code sent to me - I'm stopped in my tracks with the following message "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message,...
  7. Child's personal info

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's personal info: When I try to change my child's personal info, I press the button and it takes me onto a page with 2 links. I try both but it doesn't show me how to do it. What do I do? P.S: My category is different because I don't have 'Microsoft Family' on it. Sorry about that. It is...
  8. removing personal info by deleting myself as user........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    removing personal info by deleting myself as user........: ok so i'm seliing my laptop and want all my personal files off of it. i followed the steps for creating another user account so i could go in and delete myself, and the option of "delete all of ________ files? comes up which im supposed to say yes. BUT...if i do this, will i...
  9. How to remove personal info

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove personal info: I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I started setting up before I realized it was the wrong computer. How do I delete my personal info. so I can return it?...
  10. Giving Windows access to my private info

Giving Windows access to my private info: I received a message saying my gmail needed to be upgraded. When I started the process, I found out that I would be giving Windows access to all my info. whether I wanted to or not. Now I need to know how to advise them I will not do that. Or, do they already have access...