Windows 10: Access to NAS from laptop

Discus and support Access to NAS from laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a NAS (Helios4) running on openmediavault. I installed the OS in the NAS, I then followed all the procedures to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StefanoPintus, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Access to NAS from laptop

Hello,

I recently bought a NAS (Helios4) running on openmediavault.

I installed the OS in the NAS, I then followed all the procedures to install openmediavault but I do not manage to see the NAS among my networks.

I can enter the NAS from my pc by typing its IP and make the necessary modifications

I did the ping and it is 2ms

I checked the subnetwork for both PC and NAS and they are both on 255.255.255.0

I checked my router and the SMB is active

I checked on control panel that the SMB 1.0 is active and running as a client an dit is

I checked on services.msc that the publication of resources is active and it is
    Firewall does not interfere and neither antivirus does

Basically I ran out of ideas....

Could anyone help me out?

Regards

Stefano

:)

StefanoPintus, Mar 20, 2019

2. Network attached storage (NAS)

OKAY... I get the laptop thru all the updates by using the troubleshooter. Now I still cannot see my NAS in file explorer BUT there is one file listed in quick access that is on the NAS. If I open file location I can see everything on the NAS (WOOHOO)
    but if I close file explorer and reopen it the NAS does not appear(?).

I am sure there is a small tweak that needs to be made but at least if I don't loose the quick access I will be able to access my files.

One step forward!!!!

Thanks,

Len

p.s. still working on the desktop Access to NAS from laptop :(

LenKopecky, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 20, 2019
  4. KrisTurp Win User

Access to NAS from laptop

Authorization error when mapping NAS drive from new Windows 10 laptop

Hi!

Not so tech-savvy user here, with problems establishing a mapped connection from my Windows 10 laptop to my Buffalo LinkStation NAS drive.

The error message I get: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred:
    The account is not authorized to log in from this station."

Notes:

• I CANNOT connect/map it from my Windows 10 work laptop (probably has plenty of additional workplace-installed security stuff, and access restrictions that I can't override)
      • It doesn't work through the "NAS Navigator" that I downloaded - it sees the drive, but won't let me explore it.
      • It doesn't work when mapping through File Explorer
        • I am never asked for a username/password
      • I AM able to access the NAS settings by accessing it via its static IP address
      • I CANNOT even access it from the cloud via WebAccess, which works on my phones, on my friends' computers, etc.
    • I CAN connect/map it from my other laptops (including my previous Windows 7 work laptop, with probably the same security stuff and access restrictions, and also my own personal Windows Vista machine)
      • I do not need to connect with a username/password
    What I've tried:

• Rebooting the NAS
    • Rebooting the laptop
    • Disabling Windows Firewall on the laptop
    • Enabling SMB on the NAS and the laptop
    • Enabling SMB2 on the NAS and the laptop and rebooting
    • Creating a a DWORD value called 'AllowInsecureGuestAuth' in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters and setting the value to 1.

see here
      - note, I really probably shouldn't be playing with registry values, being that I don't know what I'm doing!
    • I think I tried a few other things... can't remember them all.
    Anyone wanna lend a hand in solving this mystery?

KrisTurp, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Access to NAS from laptop

1. Access to NAS from laptop - Similar Threads - Access NAS laptop

2. Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers: Inconsistent access to NAS file shares QNAP from Windows 10 DomainWhile there are more than just 2 machines in our environment, I will refer to a few as:Machine-1 : Everything works FineMachine-2 : Inconsistent Access to NASALL network settings with the exception of the...
  3. Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers: Inconsistent access to NAS file shares QNAP from Windows 10 DomainWhile there are more than just 2 machines in our environment, I will refer to a few as:Machine-1 : Everything works FineMachine-2 : Inconsistent Access to NASALL network settings with the exception of the...
  4. Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally

Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally: my brother has a NAS and has forgotten the login details (duh) cant reset the device as he will lose his data therefore I have taken the HDD out and put it into a HDD caddy to connect locally to my laptop however as it was a NAS the disk is formatted in a certain format and...
  6. NAS and Laptops

NAS and Laptops: I've researched this on the internet, and just left myself confused! Sorry in advance for the long post, but I wanted to make clear where I am, and where I want to be. I work from home, as does my wife, and we have 3 Win 10 PCs on a wired network (We each have a work PC, and...
  7. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  8. NAS not accessible for writing from Win10 IP

NAS not accessible for writing from Win10 IP: I have two VMs in a VirtualBox Win7 Host. One is an upgrade of a Win7 machine and the other is a conversion of a IP install to the ISO download. I am having a problem accessing my NAS (an old Netgear ReadyNAS) from these machines. I read in another thread about someone who...
  9. Cannot access NAS from One User

Cannot access NAS from One User: Hello! Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it worked. I also went to another user on my computer and it worked, but on my user it did not. Naturally, I tested and...
  10. Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer

Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer: I have 2 NAS drives connected to my network, one is a Buffalo NAS and the other is a LaCie NAS. When I try to access the NAS on my Windows 10 Pro PCs, I get a message stating Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found. I can access the management console for...