Windows 10: Access to network printers etc...

Discus and support Access to network printers etc... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When trying to add some of my network printers the process never found any. I was doing this vial the control panel's to add new printers. I have three... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dmaesc, Aug 3, 2015.

1. dmaesc Win User

Access to network printers etc...

When trying to add some of my network printers the process never found any. I was doing this vial the control panel's to add new printers. I have three printers on my network and they cannot be found. How to I get around this problem?
    I am, however, able to access net work drives. Also I cannot find a way to map a network drive. That options seems to be missing from file explorer of windows 10.

:)

dmaesc, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Max win Win User

printer not found by laptop

I have Dell XPS15 running windows 10 and Canon MP640 printer.

After installing a new router my laptop cannot find printer on the network. The printer is connected to the router and wifi light is lit on printer. The laptop is connected to the same access point and I can access the internet and emails etc. I removed
    all old driver for the printer and I've tried to install latest Canon driver for the printer and each time the install cannot locate the printer on the network. Has anyone got any clues.

Max win, Aug 3, 2015
  3. resource (peer-to-peer grouping) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

Window 10 Enterprise - "resource (peer-to-peer grouping) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." : Search on MS Support for this issue results only in drivel about this error in Windows 7.

This message is from Win 10 "Network Troubleshooting". Network Troubleshooting was initiated manually by me in an effort to set-up printing access to an previously existing printer on another PC in my Homegroup network. While this printer had been set
    up and previously accessible, without any changes, this network has been subject to numerous Windows 10 Updates that have disrupted this network's ability to function and use existing network printers.

MS Update - Have to fix something, MS Update - Have to fix something, etc, etc.. This operating system is a bane on my customer base and my MS Partner relationship.

The Advanced Printer Add-on presents only one inappropriate printer name while not finding, the actual installed and shared printer, no provision is offered to manually enter the actual name of thel printer.

One is then left with no resolution path to creating a link to this printer.

BTW: This access, loss, issue now also newly exists at a 3rd PC in my Homegroup/local network.

ClaytonNagle, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Access to network printers etc...

1. Access to network printers etc... - Similar Threads - Access network printers

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  4. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  5. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  6. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

Windows cannot access etc. etc.: Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I have, in the properties section...
  8. Printer Sharing and Network credential access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing and Network credential access: Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really...
  9. cannot access network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot access network printer: wireless printer is installed but is not recognized by computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-network-printer/f20d6499-3dd9-45d9-9e7a-032e339f1288
  10. Xerox Docuprint C4350 Network Printer Access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xerox Docuprint C4350 Network Printer Access: Hi Folks. I have an 32-bit XP machine on the house network driving an Canon MP495 and a Xerox Docuprint C4350. I can print to both printers from the XP machine. The XP is up to date. My work machine is a 64-bit Windows 10 machine connected to the same network. I can see...