Windows 10: Access to Office

Discus and support Access to Office in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, So I bought a Windows 10 home license key to get rid of the activation watermark and mainly so I could use Word, Excel and PowerPoint for school.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/inmotion1337, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Access to Office

Hi,

So I bought a Windows 10 home license key to get rid of the activation watermark and mainly so I could use Word, Excel and PowerPoint for school. I had problems with online free versions, all of them were really bad and "sluggish" to work with. I was very limited. After freshly installing Windows 10 on a new computer and activating it I still couldnt use either one of those 3. Everything that was unavailable in the settings before is available now so Im pretty sure that I activated it. I dont think I even have those apps on my pc, although I have the Office app. When I open that I can pick, for example, Excel and after I click on "New Blank workbook" or if I click any existing Excel files, it opens the browser onedrive version. If I click on the install button it asks for me to go premium with Microsoft 365. If it matters I paid my license 145 Euros.

My questions are:

1. Was I supposed to get access to Word, Excel and etc.?
    2. Are the onedrive versions good for use like normal ones (are they limited, for example)?
    3. If so what do you do if you dont have Internet at a crucial moment?
    4. Is there a way I could download and get Office?
    5. If I dont have access to anything, what are the benefits of having an activated Windows 10 account anyways?
    submitted by /u/inmotion1337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/inmotion1337, Aug 25, 2020

2. The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
  4. Access to Office

Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (CAccess to Office :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Access to Office

1. Access to Office - Similar Threads - Access Office

2. I purchased MS ACCESS 2016 separately from my MS Office Home and Student. I got a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased MS ACCESS 2016 separately from my MS Office Home and Student. I got a new...: I purchased MS ACCESS 2016 separately from my MS Office Home and Student. I got a new machine and want to Install my Access 2016 on my new machine. I understand that it can only be on one machine and I will delete it from my old machine once I have it on my new machine.I did...
  3. I purchased MS ACCESS 2016 separately from my MS Office Home and Student. I got a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased MS ACCESS 2016 separately from my MS Office Home and Student. I got a new...: I purchased MS ACCESS 2016 separately from my MS Office Home and Student. I got a new machine and want to Install my Access 2016 on my new machine. I understand that it can only be on one machine and I will delete it from my old machine once I have it on my new machine.I did...
  4. Can someone access your documents if they have put your Microsoft Office on their One Drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone access your documents if they have put your Microsoft Office on their One Drive...: I went to get my computer repaired and the technician handed me over my old hard drive without saying anything about the disc. He then says where I can find the Microsoft suite on my computer but he didn't tell me it was on a One Drive account and I haven't opened a one drive...
  5. Can someone access your documents if they have put your Microsoft Office on their One Drive...

Can someone access your documents if they have put your Microsoft Office on their One Drive...: I went to get my computer repaired and the technician handed me over my old hard drive without saying anything about the disc. He then says where I can find the Microsoft suite on my computer but he didn't tell me it was on a One Drive account and I haven't opened a one drive...
  6. Can someone access your documents if they have put your Microsoft Office on their One Drive...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Ms Office Life time free but ms access not a Active please solve my Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms Office Life time free but ms access not a Active please solve my Problem: Ms Office Life time free but ms access not a Active please solve my Problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-life-time-free-but-ms-access-not-a/ba643875-47ff-43fb-8043-fe79d43ad008
  8. Ms Office Life time free but ms access not a Active please solve my Problem

Ms Office Life time free but ms access not a Active please solve my Problem: Ms Office Life time free but ms access not a Active please solve my Problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-life-time-free-but-ms-access-not-a/ba643875-47ff-43fb-8043-fe79d43ad008
  9. How do I by-pass "office" ad and access Word? I am 91 years old and DO NOT need Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I by-pass "office" ad and access Word? I am 91 years old and DO NOT need Windows 11: How do I by-pass Office ad to access my programs? I am 91 years old and DO NOT need windows 11! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-by-pass-office-ad-and-access-word-i-am-91/7de908c7-1003-43e0-a496-559c6395ea2f
  10. How do I by-pass "office" ad and access Word? I am 91 years old and DO NOT need Windows 11

How do I by-pass "office" ad and access Word? I am 91 years old and DO NOT need Windows 11: How do I by-pass Office ad to access my programs? I am 91 years old and DO NOT need windows 11! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-by-pass-office-ad-and-access-word-i-am-91/7de908c7-1003-43e0-a496-559c6395ea2f