Windows 10: Access to OneDrive

Discus and support Access to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On PC A I set up access, and get an email which says "I've shared some of my files or folders with you. To open them, just click the links below.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BARRY WHITE PERSON, May 9, 2020.

1. Access to OneDrive

On PC A I set up access, and get an email which says

"I've shared some of my files or folders with you. To open them, just click the links below.

::{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} file://xxxxxxxxxxx/Users/barry/OneDrive"

where xxxx is the name of my PC

If I click on this on the PC sending the email, it works.

If I send this email to another PC, and click, it says

"We cant find file://xxxxxxxxxxx/Users/barry/OneDrive Please make sure you are using the correct location or web address.

:)

BARRY WHITE PERSON, May 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 9, 2020
  3. OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Yea, they just stopped giving unlimited space to Office subscribers as well. I use google drive, dropbox and I do use onedrive, but nothing major in onedrive. I read something about Amazon has that's not bad and is fairly cheap. It's called "Amazon Glacier". It's $0.007 per gigabyte per month, but it's not like google drive or onedrive. You upload your files and hours later you can get access to it. So, for backups it's not a bad solution, but if you need access to the files regularly then it wouldn't be.

Mindweaver, May 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Access to OneDrive

Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post somehow. *Sad

By default, the Documents from the Start list opens to Documents in This PC. The Documents folder in This PC is just a link of your "C:\Users\(user-name)\Documents" folder though.

Since it opens to your OneDrive location instead, it sounds like you have Documents set to save to OneDrive by default. You can use the same steps in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to set Documents to save to the default This PC only again.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Access to OneDrive [​IMG]

Brink, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Access to OneDrive

1. Access to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Access OneDrive

2. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  3. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  4. How to regain access to my desktop folder after unlinking onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to my desktop folder after unlinking onedrive: Disclaimer: I am not one of the people who care enough to understand one drive. I think of it as making a double backup somewhere I designate. That is the only utility. It should not interfere with my main storage upon unlinking it.The folder I had selected was on an external...
  5. How to regain access to my desktop folder after unlinking onedrive

How to regain access to my desktop folder after unlinking onedrive: Disclaimer: I am not one of the people who care enough to understand one drive. I think of it as making a double backup somewhere I designate. That is the only utility. It should not interfere with my main storage upon unlinking it.The folder I had selected was on an external...
  6. Concern regarding Unauthorise onedrive access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Concern regarding Unauthorise onedrive access: I'm really concerned that the files appearing on recent list when I open file explorer showing modified date being today. Please note, I have not access those files recently, and some I have not accessed for years. This is really concerning, has my one drive had any...
  7. Concern regarding Unauthorise onedrive access

Concern regarding Unauthorise onedrive access: I'm really concerned that the files appearing on recent list when I open file explorer showing modified date being today. Please note, I have not access those files recently, and some I have not accessed for years. This is really concerning, has my one drive had any...
  8. I lost my old OneDrive account and now I can't access files stored on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my old OneDrive account and now I can't access files stored on my laptop.: Hello! I have some important family pictures on my old laptop. Recently, I wanted to transfer them to a stick, so I can view them on a bigger screen. However, I couldn't even open them, because "OneDrive isn't synced". I tried to connect to that account, but I lost the...
  9. I lost my old OneDrive account and now I can't access files stored on my laptop.

I lost my old OneDrive account and now I can't access files stored on my laptop.: Hello! I have some important family pictures on my old laptop. Recently, I wanted to transfer them to a stick, so I can view them on a bigger screen. However, I couldn't even open them, because "OneDrive isn't synced". I tried to connect to that account, but I lost the...
  10. I lost my old OneDrive account and now I can't access files stored on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade