Windows 10: Access to path denighed

Discus and support Access to path denighed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my applications, DYMO label is unable to save a change. I get the Access Denied message. I am missing the Control Folder Access in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeneGraziano, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Access to path denighed

One of my applications, DYMO label is unable to save a change. I get the Access Denied message.

I am missing the Control Folder Access in the Defender page. So i cant allow access!

How do I control access to a folder

This is a new problem with Dymo Label

:)

GeneGraziano, Dec 6, 2018

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Access to path denighed

windows cannot access the specified device path or file

Hello Basha,

This issue can occur if any of the following scenarios exist on your PC:

• You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.
    • The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.
    • The file has been moved or deleted.
    • The file or shortcut is corrupt.
    • The file may be blocked by Windows.
    • Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

Permissions are rules associated with files that determine if you can access the file and what you can do with it. To check the permission of the file or folder, follow these steps:

• Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.
    • Select the Security tab.
    • Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).
    • Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).

Method 2: Check the file location

You might get this error if the shortcut or installation is attempting to access a location that is not currently available such as a networked or a removable drive. Check the path of the file that Windows cannot access and make sure that the location is
    accessible. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).

Access to path denighed a7248d5a-f744-4993-b865-f9890a7f41dc.png

Method 3: Recreate the shortcut to check for corruption

You can also receive this error if the shortcut or other file type has become corrupt. You can check for corruption in shortcuts by recreating the shortcut. To do this, see

Create or delete a shortcut.

If an application or other type of file is corrupt it may be necessary to repair the application to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Access to path denighed

1. Access to path denighed - Similar Threads - Access path denighed

2. Windows can not access the specified command, path, or file. You probably do not have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows can not access the specified command, path, or file. You probably do not have...: Can I receive more information about this problem, error and what should I do about it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-can-not-access-the-specified-command-path/622ead4f-f468-45d0-887a-56baec43ba26"
  3. windows cannot access the specified path

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows cannot access the specified path: I downloaded itunes on my windows 10 but when i try to open it says windows cannot access the specified device path and it only happens to apps downloaded from app store not to the apps downloaded from other weebsites. kindly provide me the possible solution for this i need...
  4. username path error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    username path error: So when I installed the OS I had no problem configuring the username and stuff like that, but when I started installing programs I notice that one letter of the username is off (instead of users/dorian it's users/doria). It's not a big problem, but still bothering me. I...
  5. Flaw in 'Path Copy'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flaw in 'Path Copy': I use Path Copy in the File Explorer context menu. If anyone else here does so too I'd appreciate your checking out an apparent flaw please. Here's an illustration: [img] The folder C:\Users\terry\Maps\Google Maps can be opened with this Internet Path link...
  6. What is the path to the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the path to the store: I am customizing the tile icons for my start menu using TileCreator. I would like to set a custom tile for the windows store however I cannot figure out what the path to the windows store is in order to do so. Google has failed me in this pursuit *Sad 32407
  7. Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path: Any time I pin a User Folder to Quick Access (Documents, Downloads, etc.) the path Quick Access takes me to is This PC\[Folder] instead of C:\Users\[Profile]\[Folder] I find it a pain causing I am constantly using the Foward, Back, and Up buttons in Explorer. This tends to...
  8. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello. Just installed Win10. I'm having trouble both opening and renaming/changing some files. I had no trouble before on win8. I am administrator with elevated previliges. I changed UAC level to the lowest. I keep getting this error: "Windows cannot access the...
  9. Path Changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Path Changing: Somehow the path to MyPictures has gained an extra element. It has become, C:\Users\xxx\Pictures\Pictures\. How do I change it to C:\Users\Gordon\Pictures\, as it should be, please? 93073
  10. system.io.ioexception access to the path is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    system.io.ioexception access to the path is denied: Tried to install a program and getting this. Anyone know what it mean and how to fix it, thanks 49721