Windows 10: Access to Program Files denied

Discus and support Access to Program Files denied in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've set up Avast to run my daily scan via the program ashcmd.exe and then display the report file, "quick.txt", which is stored in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tcebob, Jan 13, 2019.

1. tcebob Win User

Access to Program Files denied

I've set up Avast to run my daily scan via the program ashcmd.exe and then display the report file, "quick.txt", which is stored in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software. I was able to edit the report and save it last week but today I got the message
    Is there a way to access the file and save it?

:)

tcebob, Jan 13, 2019

2. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jan 13, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Denied access to files

Ok I got a pc in from a friend and he wants me to fix it, it doesn't boot up properly so I was thinking reinstall windows but first I have to save all his songs and crap. First problem it denies me access to the files on his HDD when it is hooked up to my pc .... damn. Second problem is that it is a very, very old pc nforce 2 chipset and I can't ID the board so I can't get the drivers. It won't turn on so I can't check it that way any ideas.

DrPepper, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Access to Program Files denied

Denied access to files

Nforce2 > nvidia.com. There you find drivers.

As for accessing files, take ownership.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Access to Program Files denied

1. Access to Program Files denied - Similar Threads - Access Program Files

2. Program Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Access is Denied: Hello,I installed an app yesterday. I run it and it was working fine. Today, when I tried to run the app, it says access is denied. I am using Windows 11. I tried many possible solutions:Run as administrator.Change compabilility mode.Reduce user account control...
  3. Program Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Access is Denied: Hello,I installed an app yesterday. I run it and it was working fine. Today, when I tried to run the app, it says access is denied. I am using Windows 11. I tried many possible solutions:Run as administrator.Change compabilility mode.Reduce user account control...
  4. Access denied for programs previously working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied for programs previously working: I am having the problem of being denied access to programs that have been previously downloaded and WORKING! This has been happening frequently after 8 months of the system working just fine. I have tried everything I can think of to solve this. I have wiped the hard drive...
  5. Access denied for programs previously working

Access denied for programs previously working: I am having the problem of being denied access to programs that have been previously downloaded and WORKING! This has been happening frequently after 8 months of the system working just fine. I have tried everything I can think of to solve this. I have wiped the hard drive...
  6. Access denied on nearly all programs

Access denied on nearly all programs: I have a custom build windows 10 rig, and I've had it since november of 2021, recently I've had error messages stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." whenever I would try to install...
  7. Taking ownership of program file folder Access denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taking ownership of program file folder Access denied: [ATTACH] I was having issue with ownership/permission while I am developing using new language. Currently, my program file's owner is Trustedinstaller. I would need to change ownership so I can modify controls... but kept getting access is denied. I changed my user folder...
  8. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  9. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590
  10. Access Denies Program Data

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denies Program Data: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro and I have screwed up permissions on C:\Programdata and I can no longer install software. The reason for this is as follows... - I was trying to restrict access / control etc to the folder C:\Programdata for all users on my...