Windows 10: Access to RAM in dual CPU PC

Discus and support Access to RAM in dual CPU PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro is supposed to use 2 CPUs, and systems with 2 CPUs can handle up to 2 TB RAM. Does this mean that in a dual CPU system 2 CPUs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexLoewenthal, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Access to RAM in dual CPU PC

Windows 10 Pro is supposed to use 2 CPUs, and systems with 2 CPUs can handle up to 2 TB RAM.

Does this mean that in a dual CPU system 2 CPUs installed

• each CPU has access to 1TB for a total of 2TB or
    • each CPU has access to 2 TB i.e. the two CPUs "share" the 2 TB of RAM; e.g. 1.7 TB for CPU 1, 0.3 TB for CPU 2?

Thanks for your help

Alex Loewenthal

:)

AlexLoewenthal, Jan 20, 2021

2. N95, N96 dual CPU, N97 single? Dual CPU s60 5th edition on the horizon?

I've been playing around with Nokia's new QT development stuff. It's all pretty neat. It would be even better if I could use it to develop for Symbian under Linux or Mac, but that asides..

I came across a list of platform types:

Installer for all S60 5.0 (5th Edition) devices with a single CPU, such as the N97 and 5800 XpressMusic

Seems reasonable, but I also saw:

Installer for all S60 5.0 (5th Edition) devices with dual CPUs

Hmmmm.. dual CPU S60 5th edition?

It lists some S60 3rd edition dual cpu phones too: N95 and N96

So, why exactly is the N95/N96 dual cpu, but the N97 isn't? Sure that was a step backwards?

Interesting though.. I wonder what the first dual CPU S605th phone will be? Presumably, something faaar better than the somewhat dull N97! I mean, honestly.. who wouldn't put a decent GPU in their flagship phone? presumably the same people who would put
    OS storage in double digit MB.. grrrr ..

cpitchford, Jan 20, 2021
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Access to RAM in dual CPU PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Access to RAM in dual CPU PC

1. Access to RAM in dual CPU PC - Similar Threads - Access RAM dual

2. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade: Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon Latest bios for compatibilityCPU: Ryzen 7 5700x Previously ryzen 5 2600RAM: Corsair vengeance rgb 3200mhz 4x8 previously 2x8Many of my games crash without warnings or errors, and many times my computer also crashes while stresstesting...
  3. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade: Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon Latest bios for compatibilityCPU: Ryzen 7 5700x Previously ryzen 5 2600RAM: Corsair vengeance rgb 3200mhz 4x8 previously 2x8Many of my games crash without warnings or errors, and many times my computer also crashes while stresstesting...
  4. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop CPU and RAM usage

Laptop CPU and RAM usage: Hi, My laptop is very slow. I cleared all unwanted cache and cookies and then my laptop got a lot better. One thing I noticed is that when I open up task manager, 41% of my ram is constanly being used of my total of 6gb. is this normal? Same thing for my CPU it is...
  6. High cpu and ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High cpu and ram usage: pc lags and my cpu usage is on 90 precent while just watching youtube vids when i open task manager it slowly drops down when i close it it happens again wtf is going on can anyone help me? submitted by /u/nika105 [link] [comments]...
  7. Ram and Cpu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ram and Cpu: Do Amd Rams works on Intel Cpu's?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-and-cpu/8e2c8b61-ec18-4ac7-90d9-13bbd431a4f3
  8. is it a CPU or RAM issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    is it a CPU or RAM issue?: I have a download manager and I have fullaccess to a site where it allows me to download things at full speed possible. When I download many files at the same time (maybe talking about 8to 10 files at the same time). I leave it behind and do something else the whole...
  9. Cpu and Ram Usage Problem

Cpu and Ram Usage Problem: Good Day Microsoft, Last time i upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 but the problem is getting start slow down and sometimes the cpu and ram usage always labels in 50 above, unlike windows 7 it consumes small amount of usage of the ram and cpu But i'm so confused within label...
  10. Ram: Dual Channel & Volt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram: Dual Channel & Volt: So I am thinking about buying a 8 GB RAM for my laptop. I have a few question about RAM regarding volts and dual channel. #1 My current ram shows it is running at 1.5 V. Can I put it a 1.35 V ram instead? #2 When I put the 2x4 RAM in my laptop, will it dectect that I...