Windows 10: access to secret questions

Discus and support access to secret questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Upon signing in to my user account, I was presented with my secret questions. Perhaps I did a typo when I first entered my password. Anyway, I answered... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dairygary, May 30, 2021.

1. dairygary Win User

access to secret questions

Upon signing in to my user account, I was presented with my secret questions. Perhaps I did a typo when I first entered my password. Anyway, I answered three secret questions correctly, but was given an error message that I had not and it allowed me to try again, which resulted in the same outcome. Now I can not find where access to those questions so I can review them and verify my answers. I tried getting help on the internet, but info there is outdated. All the updated security to protect us from malicious people, is also keeping me from being able to access my secret questions myself!

:)

dairygary, May 30, 2021
  2. SlickNutz Win User

Top Secret: Windows 10 and the Frozen Desktop

Is it possible, if I take a screen shot of a Windows 10 desktop session with everything minimized and set that as the desktop background, to:

• make all real desktop icons disappear,
    • hide taskbar so it stays hidden,

this would make it appear as if the mouse works but everything else does not respond on the desktop view when clicked?

Why?

I have a technical need to set up random desktop workstations in this manner for a special "top secret" project at work to see how certain employees respond and report incidents and issues for compliance adherence to a new company policy when malfunctioning systems occur.

Details

The computers are regular desktop computers with Windows 10 joined to a domian in an AD environment and I have full domain admin access to everything from login scripts, to GPO's, and on and on. I will accept and test all methods (scripts, Group Policy settings, manual steps on the desktop session doing this, and on and on) suggested to pick the best method for my need. Since I have a deadline months out for the first real run, I figured I'd ask some experts or regular people for some suggestions on this task.

Undo Optional

If you have a method to undo this for the method you advise that would be great but it's not required and I'll figure that part out but the easier for me the better for setting it up and undoing it for all methods I'll test.

SlickNutz, May 30, 2021
  3. amuana Win User
    Nokia Secret codes

Please can someone list the nokia secret codes for me?

amuana, May 30, 2021
  4. access to secret questions

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 30, 2021
Thema:

access to secret questions

1. access to secret questions - Similar Threads - access secret questions

2. Is my network sharing secretly on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my network sharing secretly on?: I have network sharing off on everything but when I goto \\DESKTOP-CRR8JLO\Users\me\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots and it takes me to the network tab on file explorer and most of my folders say sharing \\DESKTOP-CRR8JLO\Users\me\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots then i go there...
  3. How can I change my secret question and answer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I change my secret question and answer?: Hi there,I wanted to change my Microsoft account passwords but it popped up with below error message. What should I do to change my secret answer as I could not found anywhere on my Microsoft account profile as well as the instruction on the internet? "Your password and your...
  4. secret screen recorder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    secret screen recorder?: Is there a Windows app that allows me to record anything on the screen without the recording app showing in the task manager? submitted by /u/ta1999999999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsat2a/secret_screen_recorder/
  5. How do you change your secret question and answer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change your secret question and answer?: I am wanting to change my MS account password but it is saying I can't use the password I am trying to choose as it contains a word form my secret answer - how do I change my secret question / answer? Thanks...
  6. How to run a program in secret?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to run a program in secret?: I have a program, that when it runs, it KNOWS that another program is running, and as a part of some security protocol refuses to run (Well, not exactly, it puts up a block over the text on the screen and tells me that the block will be removed when I end the other task)....
  7. Google Chrome secret game

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome secret game: When your internet is down and you are bored and have nothing to do, open up Google Chrome and when you see the T-Rex saying "There is no internet connection", hit space bar and let the T-Rex game begin.... [img] 90199
  8. Is there a way I can find out what my secret question/answer is?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a way I can find out what my secret question/answer is?: I was looking through this today and noticed the section for answering a secret question Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials On one of my Windows 10 computers, I use a local administrator account. I don't recall answering a...
  9. Secret to using the Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secret to using the Touchpad: I am new to using the touch pad as well as Windows 10. How do I avoid changing the font size, screen size, causing extraneous apps to pop up, etc etc when I am using the keyboard ? All kinds of unexpected things happening ! 43726
  10. Windows 10 tip: How to access Cortana's secret calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 tip: How to access Cortana's secret calculator: Who needs Windows Calc? Cortana can do simple math, and with one extra keystroke you can display a full-featured calculator in the Start menu. By Ed Bott for The Ed Bott Report | February 24, 2016 -- 12:27 GMT (12:27 GMT) | Topic: Windows 10 You don't need an app to do...