Windows 10: Access to settings via rightmost icon on taskbar

Discus and support Access to settings via rightmost icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; just got update November 12, 2019—KB4524570 (OS Builds 18362.476 and 18363.476). One change I noticed that I suspect is due to this update is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bertilak, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Bertilak Win User

Access to settings via rightmost icon on taskbar

just got update November 12, 2019—KB4524570 (OS Builds 18362.476 and 18363.476).

One change I noticed that I suspect is due to this update is the ability to click on the rightmost icon on the taskbar (notifications or action center?) to get to settings. This no longer works. I now need to get to the settings via the Windows icon (leftmost on taskbar).

Is this the way it is supposed to be or do I have a misconfiguration somewhere? Can I restore the previous behavior?

:)

Bertilak, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Access to settings via rightmost icon on taskbar

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Access to settings via rightmost icon on taskbar

1. Access to settings via rightmost icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Access settings via

2. Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11: I have many taskbar icons.I also have multiple external monitors, and the taskbar icons are repeated on each monitor.My external monitors are wider than my native laptop screen, so there are more taskbar icons displayed on my external monitors than on my laptop screen.The...
  3. Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11: I have many taskbar icons.I also have multiple external monitors, and the taskbar icons are repeated on each monitor.My external monitors are wider than my native laptop screen, so there are more taskbar icons displayed on my external monitors than on my laptop screen.The...
  4. Taskbar settings icons error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar settings icons error: How to fix these icons error in the taskbar settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-icons-error/942e21a6-325e-4f07-9df6-25a4b3c38602
  5. Taskbar settings icons error

Taskbar settings icons error: How to fix these icons error in the taskbar settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-icons-error/942e21a6-325e-4f07-9df6-25a4b3c38602
  6. Accessing wireless internet troubleshooter through taskbar icon or via shortcut link...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing wireless internet troubleshooter through taskbar icon or via shortcut link...: Unfortunately I upgraded to Windows 11. And unfortunately I live in a very remote village in Alaska, where the internet is constantly malfunctioning. To remedy internet connectivity issues in the past with all other versions of Windows, I would right click on the internet...
  7. Accessing wireless internet troubleshooter through taskbar icon or via shortcut link...

Accessing wireless internet troubleshooter through taskbar icon or via shortcut link...: Unfortunately I upgraded to Windows 11. And unfortunately I live in a very remote village in Alaska, where the internet is constantly malfunctioning. To remedy internet connectivity issues in the past with all other versions of Windows, I would right click on the internet...
  8. Corrupted taskbar icons in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted taskbar icons in settings: I have missing/corrupted icons in taskbar settings for 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar, see screenshot The icons are correct on the taskbar I have followed the advice here to no avail Any ideas what to try next? 175050
  9. Taskbar setting - Icons to display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar setting - Icons to display: I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the taskbar, it is still showing not 1, but 2 instances of "AutorunOrganizer.exc Autorun Organizer (performing 1 task(s)". It doesn't...
  10. Taskbar icon management in Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon management in Settings: I am using Windows 10 and have run into a situation that I’d like a little advice on. I navigate to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions. I am presented with a screen that has an option “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”. I am presented with a list of...