Windows 10: Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown!

Discus and support Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a Core i7 laptop running Windows 10 Homepre-installed. I am a domain admin at my workplace, but since this pc is a Home version it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TanmaySutaria, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown!

Hello,

I am using a Core i7 laptop running Windows 10 Homepre-installed.

I am a domain admin at my workplace, but since this pc is a Home version it cannot join the Windows 2003 server domain.

However, I was able to access network shares by using a domain adminuser credentials and the shares were mapped as network drives on my laptop.
    This has suddenly stopped working after the 60 day Covid-19 lockdown. I am not able to access any of the shares/mapped drive.
    Get the "Specified password is not correct" prompt even when the correct credentials are entered in the login box. The 2003 Server is a DC for a small office with 5 users. Internet connectivity is routed through the DC and that is working fine. I have tried disable/enable SMB v1.0 in Windows components with no effect. NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled. Have tried Private and Public profiles in the Win10 pc with Network Discovery ON and OFF. It seems that the DC has stopped accepting the credentials from the Win10 machine. Other clients are running XP and have no issues. Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

:)

TanmaySutaria, Jun 6, 2020

2. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing a network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Can't Stop Sharing Folder

Hi there,

I've also got a problem in stopping sharing. Not 100% sure if I should make a new post or post it here.....
    Anyways, I have 2 folders I want to unshare from my network: Pictures2 and Videos2 both of which I believe are empty.

Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown! [​IMG]

While I was able to unshare the 'Videos2' folder by going into the Properties normally, I can't stop sharing 'Pictures2' from my network even though my computer is the one sharing it. I get a "Windows cannot access XXX" so I can't access it either.

I did notice a difference between these folders which may or may not be important - The Pictures2 folder doesn't have an owner (either that or it can't display it in advanced security settings) while the Videos2 owner was SYSTEM.
    My user account was in the 'shared' list of both these two folders which is strange, as I couldn't access Pictures2 but could access Videos2. My user account is admin if that helps.
    Honestly I don't know how or when they were even created and I can't find them on my C: Drive.

I tried using the manual cmd method you suggested but I got an access denied error:

Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown! [​IMG]

I would like this Pictures2 folder unshared and deleted off my PC if possible.

Help?! Any advice would be appreciated.

NZGhostChips, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Frogger Win User

Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown!

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown! :)

Frogger, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown!

1. Access to shared folders sudden stopped after 60 day lockdown! - Similar Threads - Access shared folders

2. windows 10 stopped accessing windows 2003 share folder after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 stopped accessing windows 2003 share folder after update: i have one pc which is stopped accessing sharefolder having windows 2003, other windows 10 pc able to access. I have already enabeld smb1 still having problem...
  3. No access to the shared folder

No access to the shared folder: Hi all, I have an issue with the shared folders. I did share a few folders from my PC, but they are not visible either from my laptop or streamer Dune HD base. I do see that the folders are shared when I check their status in the "Properties". In addition, I do see that the...
  4. Shared folder not accessible

Shared folder not accessible: I was trying to access a shared folder from my laptop on my PC (Both are running Windows 10) when it told me that he couldn't connect to it. Diagnostics say that there might be something wrong with the DNS-Server. I also tried pinging the PC and it worked perfectly. The...
  5. Shared Folders Access

Shared Folders Access: After the latest update, in File Explorer>Network I can see computers but cannot access the shared folders on one computer. Shared folders on another computer are fully accesible. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I've searched the web and tried fixes with services.msc and...
  6. Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?

Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?: Dear Forum, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy, and knowledgeable in Windows 10 settings etc. But I am absolutely stumped on this issue. My File & Folder sharing is no longer accessible or even broadcasts over my home private Wi-Fi network, and it was working fine...
  7. Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?: Dear Forum, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy, and knowledgeable in Windows 10 settings etc. But I am absolutely stumped on this issue. My File & Folder sharing is no longer accessible or even broadcasts over my home private Wi-Fi network, and it was working fine...
  8. Shared Folder Access

Shared Folder Access: Hi All, I had a windows 7 machine built to share a folder on my workgroup network. I slowly grew my network and begun getting an error that there was too many simultaneous connections. I was told to upgrade to server 2016 STD so i purchased it and have it installed and...
  9. shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed

shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed: I have three computers, two of them connected directly to the router, one over WiFi. All three of them run the latest version of Win 10 built 1803 (build 17134.191) . Ever since I upgraded the computers to 1803 and HomeGroup was removed, I have been having problems with...
  10. Shared folders will not access on Homegroup after format

Shared folders will not access on Homegroup after format: Hey guys, this one has me stumped. I have a network of 4 pc's in my house. My main PC that has all my media failed and required a format. After fixing it all, re-joining it to the homegroup I receive this message (pic attached) when trying to access all my media on any...