Windows 10: Access to this pc has been blocked!

Discus and support Access to this pc has been blocked! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This subject was brought up back in June 2022. The message tells you to phone a certain number which is supposedly Microsoft Windows security. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by judith stephen, May 25, 2023.

1. Access to this pc has been blocked!

This subject was brought up back in June 2022. The message tells you to phone a certain number which is supposedly Microsoft Windows security. After searching the web for a solution, I hit alt/control/delete and then selected log out? Change user? I then restarted pc, and everything worked fine. I then followed up with a quick scan.

:)

judith stephen, May 25, 2023

2. IP accessing

How could a program on your computer block anything from accessing your router anyway?
    The router itself has to block things, I'd suggest using simple NAT and forwarding ports you need, the rest will be blocked.

DanTheBanjoman, May 25, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Block ALL Programs Except Allowed Ones

You can block programs using Windows Defender, for example (ignore the strange title):
    Please Wait... | Cloudflare

E.g.

dalchina, May 25, 2023
  4. AMX& Win User

Access to this pc has been blocked!

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Access to this pc has been blocked!

1. Access to this pc has been blocked! - Similar Threads - Access has been

2. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons.....: I received the attached message. I called the number and they gained access to my PC. After about 15-20 minutes, I felt something was wrong, hung up the phone, and disconnected the PC from the internet. I also shut down the computer. I am very nervous now. What should I do?...
  3. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons.....: I received the attached message. I called the number and they gained access to my PC. After about 15-20 minutes, I felt something was wrong, hung up the phone, and disconnected the PC from the internet. I also shut down the computer. I am very nervous now. What should I do?...
  4. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Access to this pc has been blocked!

Access to this pc has been blocked!: This subject was brought up back in June 2022. The message tells you to phone a certain number which is supposedly Microsoft Windows security. After searching the web for a solution, I hit alt/control/delete and then selected log out? Change user? I then restarted pc, and...
  6. Access to this pc has been blocked!

Access to this pc has been blocked!: This subject was brought up back in June 2022. The message tells you to phone a certain number which is supposedly Microsoft Windows security. After searching the web for a solution, I hit alt/control/delete and then selected log out? Change user? I then restarted pc, and...
  7. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons

Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons: Windows Defender Security Center has detected a Trojan Spyware. And I am supposed to call a helpline. Is this for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-this-pc-has-been-blocked-for-security/438495ba-619d-441e-8b30-46000ea2885c
  8. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons: Windows Defender Security Center has detected a Trojan Spyware. And I am supposed to call a helpline. Is this for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-this-pc-has-been-blocked-for-security/438495ba-619d-441e-8b30-46000ea2885c
  9. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons.....

Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons.....: I opened up my computer to get onto Facebook for my business. I received the attached message. I could not find this number anywhere on the web. I did shut down. I could not even find a number to call Microsoft to ask them about this. I appreciate the Microsoft alerts but I...