Windows 10: access to trusted sites?

Discus and support access to trusted sites? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I allow a website thru the firewall?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusanEgland, Apr 29, 2019.

1. access to trusted sites?

How do I allow a website thru the firewall?

:)

SusanEgland, Apr 29, 2019

2. Trusted Sites

I have an issue with one particular website that I use for work - I have to use internet explorer for this particular website and can't use Chrome. I am currently using Windows 8. This website has a certificate which is up-to-date and valid. I have added
    the website to the trusted sites list and it saves it here. However, once I close internet explorer down and then re-open it and try to go back to this website I have to remove it from the trusted sites list and re-add it before it will run the certificate.

Any ideas? Driving me crazy. If I leave internet explorer open - but close that page down and re-open it, it works but if I have come out of internet explorer I have to re-add it to trusted sites.

Any help would be appreciated.

JoanneTorres, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to trusted site

I attempted to go to a
    website
    and was given a message that my computer could not connect to the site. I tried all four computers on my home network and was not able to connect.

I was able to connect to the site at work, only after receiving a message that the site had a bad security certificate. I contacted the site and they are aware of the problem and working to fix it.

I trust the site so I made it a trusted site in the security section of the internet options on the tools menu. I also unchecked the require server verification box.

I checked the time on my computer and it is correct.

I am still unable to access the site.

All pc with windows 10

Any suggestions?

HollyHall1, Apr 29, 2019
  4. access to trusted sites?

trying to access a work site and password not accepted, optum doesn't know how to correct, log in failure

Hello Taffy,

Provide us additional information to understand this issue and assist you better:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Which browser are you using to access the work website on your device?
    • Have you tried to access it on different web browsers?

If you are using Internet Explorer try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to add the website under trusted sites in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools/ Settings at the right top corner of the window.
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click Trusted sites
    • Click Sites
    • Click on Add this website to the zone to add the site.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

access to trusted sites?

1. access to trusted sites? - Similar Threads - access trusted sites

2. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations: I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this already, but not 100% sure. If I put a UNC name into trusted sites such as file:///\\<Server_IP or ServerName> OR file://<Server_IP or ServerName>then all the shares and subfolders on that server are trusted as well, correct? If no, then...
  3. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations: I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this already, but not 100% sure. If I put a UNC name into trusted sites such as file:///\\<Server_IP or ServerName> OR file://<Server_IP or ServerName>then all the shares and subfolders on that server are trusted as well, correct? If no, then...
  4. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender Flagged Trusted Site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Flagged Trusted Site: I was recording using the system a game implemented and controlled folder access flagged it. I know it's trusted it's very popular, maybe top five and I'm wondering if I can remove it from protection history/prevent it from happening.Thanks....
  6. Windows Defender Flagged Trusted Site

Windows Defender Flagged Trusted Site: I was recording using the system a game implemented and controlled folder access flagged it. I know it's trusted it's very popular, maybe top five and I'm wondering if I can remove it from protection history/prevent it from happening.Thanks....
  7. Not able to add trusted sites in windows 11

Not able to add trusted sites in windows 11: I am Using Windows 11. I have tried to add a website as trusted site through Control Panel/ Internet options/ Security / Trusted sites. This option is locked, and screenshot is provided here. It tells "some settings are managed by your system administrator". But I am the...
  8. Windows 10 version 1909 trusted site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 version 1909 trusted site: Hello everybody!!!! Is there a reliable site where I can download windows 10 version 1909? Because microsoft removes all previous versions, and my hardware only supports this version. Thanks...
  9. Database connection issue at trusted site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Database connection issue at trusted site: Windows 11 downloaded last night will not allow me to go to a trusted web site that I was able to go to yesterday. I get this message: " Something's come undone. Sorry, this page can't be reached because of a database connection issue." I've been able to access this site for...
  10. Database connection issue at trusted site

Database connection issue at trusted site: Windows 11 downloaded last night will not allow me to go to a trusted web site that I was able to go to yesterday. I get this message: " Something's come undone. Sorry, this page can't be reached because of a database connection issue." I've been able to access this site for...