Windows 10: Access to Users/Documents denied

Discus and support Access to Users/Documents denied in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Everything was working fine till now, then suddenly I get an error message that access to Users/jain/Documents is denied. I searched a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akshat, Sep 12, 2015.

1. akshat Win User

Access to Users/Documents denied

Hi all,
    Everything was working fine till now, then suddenly I get an error message that access to Users/jain/Documents is denied. I searched a bit online and I ended up unlinking my OneDrive account and enabling the hidden Administrator account to no vail. Its not just Documents folder but Pictures as well. The permissions for the jain folder are okay, I think. Its the permissions of the Documents folder thats messed up. I can do everything with the hidden account, everything is fine there.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

:)

akshat, Sep 12, 2015

2. Access to the path 'C:\Users\bob\Documents\3DMark 11' is denied.

Access to the path 'C:\Users\bob\Documents\3DMark 11' is denied.

laforcerobert, Sep 12, 2015
  3. NeoBär Win User
    Windows 10 Access still denied after trying all the tips found here

Hi,

System is Windows 10 Home

I've tried all the tips I've found here and still get "Access denied" on my files.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Try changing the Properties (right click, security , etc ...) => Access denied

- enabling the local administrator: netuser administrator /active:yes and logging in as such

open elevated command prompt

takeown /f C:\users\<username>\Documents\*.* /r /d y => Access denied

- icacls C:\users\<username>\Documents\*.* /grant adminsitrators:F /t /c /l /q => Access denied

- control userpasswords2, add group membership Administrators, tried the above again => Access denied

Anybody an idea what else to try?

NeoBär, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

I think the NTFS permissions of the according folders might be screwed up. Restoring them to their default value might help!

Joergi, Sep 12, 2015
  5. akshat Win User
    Any idea how to do that?

akshat, Sep 12, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 12, 2015
  7. akshat Win User
    akshat, Sep 13, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 13, 2015
  9. akshat Win User
    I have set all the permissions, and it shows that the owner of the folder is me, so the problem might lie that I don't have full Administrator rights, as when I'm using the 'hidden' administrator account, I can access this folder freely.

akshat, Sep 13, 2015
  10. akshat Win User
    I just changed the ownership of the /Documents account, now I'm trying to change the ownership of the Users/jain account. Lets see if that helps.

akshat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Access to Users/Documents denied - Similar Threads - Access Users Documents

2. PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.: In my organisation we get this message pretty often. BUT if we choose to open it in a web-browser instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader, it opens at once. We cant edit it win the web-browser so this is not a long-time-solution for us. Is there something we can do to be able to open...
  3. PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.: In my organisation we get this message pretty often. BUT if we choose to open it in a web-browser instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader, it opens at once. We cant edit it win the web-browser so this is not a long-time-solution for us. Is there something we can do to be able to open...
  4. Trading application denied write access to documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trading application denied write access to documents: Hi all - I am having an issue related to importing Scripts thru a trading application called NinjaTrader. When I try to import a script, it continuously tells me that the application is not allowed to write in the folders. I have Windows 10 with Bit Defender as AV. I have...
  5. Trading application denied write access to documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trading application denied write access to documents: Hi all - I am having an issue related to importing Scripts thru a trading application called NinjaTrader. When I try to import a script, it continuously tells me that the application is not allowed to write in the folders. I have Windows 10 with Bit Defender as AV. I have...
  6. Trading application denied write access to documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Documents: Access Denied: Windows 10

My Documents: Access Denied: Windows 10: Apparently, as usual, MS is loaded with incompetent software engineers. Actually testing something is not in their purview... Dozens of application all default to setting things to "My Documents". So, just go try to find it. Of course, naming folders like that really only...
  8. Access denied of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied of "Documents": Hi, I just recently realised that my folder "Documents" can't be edited. Whenever I try to delete a file or change a name in it, it just gives me the error of "Access denied" even though I am the admin of the computer. I provided a screenshot. [img] I found a .reg...
  9. Access denied when moving user's document location

Access denied when moving user's document location: I have a problem when I try to move the location where I stored files. The location isn't correct, it's stored into C:\users:\nyoman\onedrive\documents where it's supposed to be on C:\users\nyoman\documents. Whenever I try to move the location/restore it to default it says:...
  10. Access Denied Documents Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access Denied Documents Folder: I have a gaming mouse which is being denied access to my documents folder, I had some kind of issue like this before. . My security settings have given me occasional issue in the past. My only real concern is this program loads at start, I want it granted access to do...