Windows 10: access until HELLO installed, but no PIN. Can't proceed without HELLO

Discus and support access until HELLO installed, but no PIN. Can't proceed without HELLO in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have W10 via a clean install from microsoft on an Acer Aspire. Troubles began with its first update and continue with each successive update. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by N2NB4, Jun 30, 2020.

1. N2NB4 Win User

access until HELLO installed, but no PIN. Can't proceed without HELLO

I have W10 via a clean install from microsoft on an Acer Aspire. Troubles began with its first update and continue with each successive update. I attempt to access files, I am asked for admin ID to proceed,then told I cannot proceed without windows "HELLO". Okay and I begin a series of "prove who you are " menus. The last being a PIN. I have never received a PIN, so I tap" forgot my PIN" to be told "You can disable, or change your PIN in Settings, etc" I am again put through the ID process and am told you need to have HELLO installed to complete this function". And so the who;e process begins again. I have had to acquire six accounts, and six different passwords, still no PIN, and still no access.
    Your help in preferably getting rid of this annoying function would be greatly appreciated. At the moment,my alternative to fixing this block is to install a different OS.

:)

N2NB4, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 30, 2020
  3. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

Windows Security: Microsoft Defender Antivirus & More | Microsoft

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 30, 2020
  4. access until HELLO installed, but no PIN. Can't proceed without HELLO

windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

access until HELLO installed, but no PIN. Can't proceed without HELLO

1. access until HELLO installed, but no PIN. Can't proceed without HELLO - Similar Threads - access until HELLO

2. Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...: Hi!I couldn't change my windows login pin code, because the settings said "This option is not currently unavailable" and requested a corporate or a school account to proceed, but since I don't have either one, I had to figure out something else. I had this problem, but solved...
  3. Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...: Hi!I couldn't change my windows login pin code, because the settings said "This option is not currently unavailable" and requested a corporate or a school account to proceed, but since I don't have either one, I had to figure out something else. I had this problem, but solved...
  4. Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Pin: I am trying to log onto another account on the Microsoft store, but I required a Microsoft hello pin, I did manage to make one for the account but when I tried to use it it didn't work, I've checked all the common issue like is it the correct account or did I type it in...
  6. Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Pin: I am trying to log onto another account on the Microsoft store, but I required a Microsoft hello pin, I did manage to make one for the account but when I tried to use it it didn't work, I've checked all the common issue like is it the correct account or did I type it in...
  7. Hello Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello Pin: Hi all my documents eg word etc keep saying Sign in required to upload or downlaod savings, i go through the sign in prosses which then asks for a hello pin which i dont have, i tried reset as per system/account/reset but it keeps saying reset, it wont let me reset and there...
  8. Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Hello Pin: I thought I'd got rid of the hello pin, but now the tablet screen came up with "your account requires a Windows Hello PIN" Help.......please 136472
  9. Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hello Pin: Microsoft simple question about you Hello Pin: WHY! this is about the most useless "mandatory" setting you could have come up with only good out of it is I can disable it. While it might be a nice "option" making it a mandatory setting for configuration of a new device is...
  10. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN: I'm hoping there is an MS moderator on board to review this and act. I've seen this question posted by others and want to reiterate that, as an admin, I am appalled that there is no way to setup fingerprint authentication on a domain computer without also enabling PIN...