Windows 10: Access USB Plugged into Router

Discus and support Access USB Plugged into Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey Guys I am trying to access my router using file explorer [ATTACH] I then used the default gateway address and tried pasting it into file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasCutler, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Access USB Plugged into Router

Hey Guys

I am trying to access my router using file explorer

Access USB Plugged into Router c9f1cae7-e0d8-41ef-ae07-ef99aa287876?upload=true.jpg

I then used the default gateway address and tried pasting it into file explorer as shown

Access USB Plugged into Router 496b9c8c-27f8-4311-babb-e9493b5127e4?upload=true.jpg

But then receive the following error

Access USB Plugged into Router 50c4d3d6-7b5b-470e-aef8-ac803c8c7e79?upload=true.png

:)

ThomasCutler, Mar 31, 2020

2. Can't access network drive plugged into the router USB port.

Hi Lionel,

It seems that your USB drive is not mapped on your other laptop that's why it can't see it. For me to properly assist you with this concern, please provide me the following information:

• Is this the first time you're trying to access the USB drive from the second laptop?
    • Have you tried adding or mapping the USB drive as a network drive?
    • Do you know the IP address of your router?

If the USB drive is already shared, then you can start mapping it on the second laptop. Please check out the link Map a network
    drive
    and follow the steps for Windows 10.

In case the above steps won't work, then you may have to access the USB drive using the router's IP address. If you don't know the router's IP, then you can check it from the
    Command Prompt. Just type in cmd in the Cortana search, then press Enter. Once the command prompt window opens, type in
    ipconfig, and press Enter. Whatever Default Gateway appears on the result is your
    router's IP address.

Access USB Plugged into Router 2adff3da-ebdb-4f0d-adc3-4a4dda5e9154?upload=true.png

To access the USB drive using the router's IP, follow these steps:

1. Open the File Explorer.
    2. Click the Network Folder, then clear the path in File Explorer, and replace it with
      \\192.168.2.1 (or whatever router IP you have), then press
      Enter.

Access USB Plugged into Router 689e83b8-12c2-4ed2-a7f0-f834044f8cdf?upload=true.png

3. The USB drive should now show as a shared folder. At this point, you can either
    pin the shared folder to Start, create a shortcut to the desktop, or
    map it as a network drive. You may follow the same steps from the link I provided above.

Please let me know how it goes so I can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Can't access network drive plugged into the router USB port.

Have you tried accessing the USB drive using the router's IP in your second laptop? If you haven't yet, then please get the correct router IP (Default Gateway) and try to access it on the second laptop. Kindly follow the steps in
    accessing the USB drive using the router IP which I provided in my previous reply.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 31, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Access USB Plugged into Router

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Access USB Plugged into Router

1. Access USB Plugged into Router - Similar Threads - Access USB Plugged

2. 2 routers - access to outside router devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 routers - access to outside router devices: I have an ASUS router rt-ac66u behind an HH3000 routerSagecomm 5566. When directly connected to the HH3000 by WiFi, I can see It's USB storage using \\mynetwork in documentation per the ISPs instruction. When only connected to the ASUS i did setup a route and, I can ping...
  3. How to access router

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to access router: I cannot access my router. I keep getting an error that I am blocked by windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-router/6df174be-f781-4ca0-8ba3-bcfd7d040571
  4. USB drive in router

USB drive in router: I notice this topic has come up before but my symptoms are a bit different. I have a USB stick in the port on my router. This is recognised and mapped on a desktop and two laptops. On one laptop, the drive is sometimes unavailable. Maybe for a couple of days. And then...
  5. Cannot Access USB Storage on ASUS Router

Cannot Access USB Storage on ASUS Router: I have a router, serving as an access point. It is an ASUS RT-AC87U. Connected to it via USB 3.0 is a 5TB portable drive. My initial setup with this allowing anonymous logins worked just fine. I've so far disabled Anonymous Logins for both FTP and Media Share. The FTP side of...
  6. Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible: This is a brand new Fusion5 tablet running Windows 10. It plays sound correctly. I can plug in a usb external drive and access the files on it. But if I am playing music and then plug in the usb external drive, the drive is accessible but the sound immediately stops. If...
  7. Connection to USB Drive Plugged into Router -Failing on Windows Home but not Enterprise

Connection to USB Drive Plugged into Router -Failing on Windows Home but not Enterprise: I'm struggling to connect to a USB hard drive that I've plugged into my router. I'm using Windows 10 Home version 1909. When I try to connect to the router 192.168.1.254 with the disk drive in it, it takes a while, and then says it cannot connect. The diagnostic information...
  8. SMB2 error to access my router’s USB file server

SMB2 error to access my router’s USB file server: I am getting the message that I need to use SMB1 to access my router’s USB file server. I am running SMB2. Can I safely downgrade and how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb2error/6c4e473d-9a6d-4dc3-8db2-ebb6d23538ed"
  9. Can't access router.

Can't access router.: MY configuration: I an trying to adjust to a recent change in my home network. I have Comcast phone, TV and Internet. The Comcast modem/router/Tele connection is in the basement. To have strong wireless upstairs, on the 2nd floor -- at the other end of the cable -- is another...
  10. usb on router

usb on router: hi need help - up to last version of windows 10 (14905) , windows recognized a hard drive (usb) attached to my router with the latest version , windows refuses to recognize the router , even though i am connected t the router. I have a netgear r7000 with a usb hard drive....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to use internet sharing but when i plugged ethernet cable in my computer says i am using wifi but cable detected