Windows 10: Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings

Discus and support Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All, Here is the issue I could really use some help with. I know you can use GPO setting to Show only specified Control Panel items, and you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ginoangelozzi, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings

Hello All,

Here is the issue I could really use some help with. I know you can use GPO setting to Show only specified Control Panel items, and you can Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings. But what I am trying to do is Block my end users from Accessing the Windows settings and allow my end users to only access mouse and devices and printers through control panel. I know how to set up access to control panel using the GPO but have not figured out a way to block the end users from accessing the Windows Settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thank You,

Gino

:)

ginoangelozzi, Nov 21, 2018

2. Unable to Access Control Panel in Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issue accessing the Control Panel, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel?

Step 1: I suggest you to log-out from the current user account, restart the computer, try to log-in to the same user account and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to place the computer in Safe mode, try to access Control Panel and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Start Menu and Access to Settings/Control Panel won't Work in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

How are you accessing Command prompt?

I suggest you to enable the built in admin account
    from the Windows Recovery Environment, login to that account and then check if you are able to access settings, control panel and start button. I suggest you to go to Windows Recovery Environment and use the Command Prompt there, which is elevated.

Follow the below steps:-

• Press Shift and Restart from the power icon (together)

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Go to Advanced Options.

• Select Command Prompt.

• Type "net user Administrator /active:yes"

• Hit Enter.
    A user account with the name Admin will be created. Log in with that account and you will be able to access Admin privileges. You can also create more Administrator accounts with that account. If you are able to access start menu setting etc.
    I suggest you to create new user account.

Create a user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

How to sign in with a Microsoft account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings

windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings

1. Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings - Similar Threads - Access users ability

2. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...: So I know how to disable access to Control Panel by using Registry but I would like to disable access just to a setting that is related to Network Connections - Change adapter options. To disable access to Control Panel you need to create a registry called NoControlPanel and...
  3. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...: So I know how to disable access to Control Panel by using Registry but I would like to disable access just to a setting that is related to Network Connections - Change adapter options. To disable access to Control Panel you need to create a registry called NoControlPanel and...
  4. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC: I was configuring my Users on my windows 10 laptop was about to upgrade to windows 10 and accidentally removed Admin privileges from the main account while messing around with UAC. Now without any Administrator rights, I am unable to open UAC or Command Prompt administrator...
  5. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC: I was configuring my Users on my windows 10 laptop was about to upgrade to windows 10 and accidentally removed Admin privileges from the main account while messing around with UAC. Now without any Administrator rights, I am unable to open UAC or Command Prompt administrator...
  6. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Access to Control Panel > Settings being moved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to Control Panel > Settings being moved: Why are Control Panel items being moved with no way of knowing their new location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-control-panel-settings-being-moved/3fb3b526-d21e-40c2-b7d3-5e00c2c13943
  8. User name has vanished, now cannot access control panel or settings

User name has vanished, now cannot access control panel or settings: Greetings, hoping somebody can help. I was wanting to change my user account password and changed the user name instead. Now the user name has vanished from the user account panel, and my computer Windows 10 is no longer functioning properly. Cannot access anything related...
  9. Complaint on User Access control settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Complaint on User Access control settings: I can't drag and drop with my touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complaint-on-user-access-control-settings/c2ffe532-dec4-4757-9cc9-6fd0213d4d67
  10. Control panel / Settings close when trying to access the users area

Control panel / Settings close when trying to access the users area: Whenever i use "Control Panel" or "Settings" and then go through to the User accounts / Accounts option the window closes itself and explorer.exe seems to restart itself. I am getting the same issue on multiple servers all of which are running windows server 2019. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable control paneldisable control panelIncluding results for control panel.Do you want