Windows 10: Access Violation at Address... after Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support Access Violation at Address... after Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update, I have an HTML editor (HTMLEd Pro 3.0) that now gives an Access Violation at Address... error. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by afhobbs23, Sep 2, 2017.

1. afhobbs23 Win User

Access Violation at Address... after Windows 10 Creators Update

After upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update, I have an HTML editor (HTMLEd Pro 3.0) that now gives an Access Violation at Address... error. After uninstalling (including full removal with Revo Uninstaller) and reinstalling, I still get the error.

I eventually installed another editor (Coffee Cup) which worked fine at first, but now it is giving me a similar Access Violation at Address... error.

I have HTMLEd Pro installed on other PCs that have updated to the Win10 Creators Update and have no such problems.

I also tried turning on DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and added an exception for Coffee Cup but still get the error. I even reinstalled HTMLEd Pro and added and exception for it but still get the error.

I also ran a memory test, a hard drive test, and a Malware Bytes full scan. I also checked DeFrag and it reports 0% defragmentation on my hard drive.

I have a second administrator account on this laptop, and when I logged in via that account and launched the HTMLEd Pro I did not get an error. So perhaps there is a rights or file sharing issue going on.

This is on an HP G72 Notebook, 4 GB RAM, Intel i3 CPU M70, 64-bit. Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.540

Any help on why this error is now occurring since updating to Creator's Update would be helpful.

:)

afhobbs23, Sep 2, 2017
  2. SarahKong Win User

Access violation at address F556E930 after software update.Reada address F556E930.

This maybe an issue with a system file being corrupt.

You can try a couple things.

Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.

Restart the computer.

If that doesn't work then try this,

Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands.

Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Restart your computer.

SarahKong, Sep 2, 2017
  3. stu65 Win User
    Access violation at address F556E930 after software update.Reada address F556E930.

laptop now slower.

stu65, Sep 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Suggest you investigate your event viewer and/or reliability history for possible clues.

Does it do the same thing in Safe Mode on the first account? Might be some sort of conflict as you say it runs in a different account. (Assuming it would be valid to run it in Safe Mode)

The program appears to be very obscure. What's its home page?

Coffee Cup seems current though.

dalchina, Sep 2, 2017
  5. afhobbs23 Win User
    In consultation with Microsoft support, I had to do a full reinstallation of Windows 10.

afhobbs23, Nov 10, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Unfortunate when you're forced to do that.

I suggest, if you don't already, now secure your position by starting to use disk imaging routinely. This is something we strongly recommend- e.g. Macrium reflect (free) + external storage for disk image sets. Gives you a second chance when things go badly wrong, from disk failure to ransomware, user error to update problems and problems following a program installation.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Access Violation at Address... after Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - Access Violation Address

2. Access violation at address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access violation at address: Could you please help me with my issue? I found that the AI suite 3 should be the issue, and I get the error every few seconds:access violation at address 00402DCA in module fanledctrl.exeIt was after an update only, that this is now displaying, and I can not find the answer...
  3. Access violation at address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access violation at address: Could you please help me with my issue? I found that the AI suite 3 should be the issue, and I get the error every few seconds:access violation at address 00402DCA in module fanledctrl.exeIt was after an update only, that this is now displaying, and I can not find the answer...
  4. Access violation at address 100417CF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access violation at address 100417CF: I've been struggling with this problem for a couple of days and I don't know what else to do. Bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access...
  5. Access violation at address 100417CF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access violation at address 100417CF: I've been struggling with this problem for a couple of days and I don't know what else to do. Bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access...
  6. Access violation at address 100417CF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Access violation at Address 00000000, Read of address 00000000

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access violation at Address 00000000, Read of address 00000000: Hello I get this error message randomly. The PC is working perfecly fine, just keep having this box popping up. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I've checked some other questions with the same but it seems weird that I have 00000000... Thanks!...
  8. Access Violation at Address Error when Printing

Access Violation at Address Error when Printing: Hi, I just replaced the drum unit of my HL-L2300D Brother printer, but now I keep getting the error, "Access violation at address 76EF3CB3 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address AA00E51B" whenever I try printing. From what little I could find online about it, it seems like...
  9. Access violation at address 03E34F99.Read of address 0202E130

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access violation at address 03E34F99.Read of address 0202E130: Hi All I keep getting this pop up . Access violation at address 03E34F99.Read of address 0202E130 Can anyone advise how to stop it? many thanks Geoff...
  10. Access violation at address 00000000. Write of address 00000000

Access violation at address 00000000. Write of address 00000000: I get this error when running a custom built application on my Windows 10 laptop. it doesnt stop the application and i can close the error display box. However i do think it affects the application as since this error has started popping up, i have had many freezes on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Access violation 00403652

2. access violation at address 6655d4b8

3. access violation at address 00403652 windows 10

4. access violation at address 0879BDEB windows 10,
  5. access violation at address 00697d59 windows 10,
  6. access violation at address windows 10