Windows 10: Access Violation in IDispenseDriver:CreateResource after Windows update on Win 10 Machines

Discus and support Access Violation in IDispenseDriver:CreateResource after Windows update on Win 10 Machines in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have started seeing "failed to open database connection" error in our application after the recent Cumulative update fro Windows 10 Version 1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SumathiK, Feb 27, 2020.

1. SumathiK Win User

Access Violation in IDispenseDriver:CreateResource after Windows update on Win 10 Machines

We have started seeing "failed to open database connection" error in our application after the recent Cumulative update fro Windows 10 Version 1809 for X64 based SystemsKB4532691.

Our Application is a VB 6 application that is using MSAccess 2010 database engine for database handling.

Application is failing to run database queries with the following error

2/19/2020 9:30:23 AM, ---------------------------------------------
    2/19/2020 9:30:23 AM, Error 3709 The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.

2/19/2020 9:30:23 AM, ---------------------------------------------

2/19/2020 9:30:23 AM, Failed to open database connection to execute SQL: Delete from tbl***

Event Viewer show the following error for the failure

The system has called a custom component and that component has failed and generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has occurred and proved them with the information below.
    Component Prog ID: SC.Pool 11
    Method Name: IDispenseDriver::CreateResource
    Process Name:: MyApplication.exe
    Exception: c0000005

Address: 00000000

I found that reinstalling the access database engine fixes this problem ,but i am not sure it won't break again with next windows update.

I am trying to understand what SC.Pool and what changed in the new windows update that is causing this access violation?

Any help with this issue is really appreciated.

Thanks

:)

SumathiK, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Access Violation in IDispenseDriver:CreateResource after Windows update on Win 10 Machines

Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Access Violation in IDispenseDriver:CreateResource after Windows update on Win 10 Machines

1. Access Violation in IDispenseDriver:CreateResource after Windows update on Win 10 Machines - Similar Threads - Access Violation IDispenseDriver

2. Watchdog violation error while playing games after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Watchdog violation error while playing games after win 10 update: HI, When I play heavy games like witcher 3 or Destiny 2 my system freezes and sound stutters. Then I get watchdog violation blue screen.I am having this problem after Win 10 updates Updated windows before June 19. Don't know what should I blame. There were no issues until the...
  3. Access Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access Violation: I have 2 programs which I use constantly for my business, a few days ago they both come up with an Access Violation. 1 Crashes instantly, 1 just keeps bringing up error message.I take my Laptop home and use the same programs. it all works fine.take it back to work, same thing...
  4. Access violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access violation: How do I fix an access violation at 0x6D261ED7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-violation/869f2695-50c7-40d7-8b4d-1e59a2b66d8c
  5. wdf violation after update windows 10

wdf violation after update windows 10: hi after update windows 10 in my asus vivobook s510u i often receive a stopcode blue screen wdf violation. I read that in order to help i should paste a link with my minidump files. Here it goes...
  6. Access Violation

Access Violation: For practically all games i own they crash with the error "Access Violation" at some random read location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-violation/a4563bdd-ad3f-4aea-bc91-77840cd0a53a
  7. access violations

access violations: Morning Support, We are encountering access violations when we install remote client software on Windows 10 1803 with our POS software. Is this a known issue? Regards, Max...
  8. Win 10 for refurbished machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 for refurbished machines: I just purchased a refurbished win 10 machine with an OEM win10 Home for refurbished machines. I activated it and it runs well. My questions are as follows. 1. Can I upgrade the old 500GB HD to an SSD? 2. How do I go about installing the SSD and transfering over the OS?...
  9. watchdog violation after windows update

watchdog violation after windows update: So I have an Old pc upgraded to Win 10, worked ok at the weekend. But after a windows Auto update I get a Watchdog violation every 10 mins or so. I guess some driver has been 'updated' by windows and is causing a crash ? Heres the log. Hope someone can help or at least tell...
  10. Access Violation at Address... after Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Violation at Address... after Windows 10 Creators Update: After upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update, I have an HTML editor (HTMLEd Pro 3.0) that now gives an Access Violation at Address... error. After uninstalling (including full removal with Revo Uninstaller) and reinstalling, I still get the error. I eventually installed...