Windows 10: Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer

Discus and support Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not certain that this is the correct forum for this question but I'll ask.... I have an android media server and have installed ES File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dsscottage, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer

I'm not certain that this is the correct forum for this question but I'll ask....

I have an android media server and have installed ES File Explorer so that I can access the media server from the PC in much the same way that I can access another computer on my network. (to move files back and forth)

I am able to access the media server using an FTP program (Filezilla) and I can see and manage all the files on the media server itself. However, I have an external HDD attached to the media server and can't see it from my Win 10 PC.

Does anyone know how I can make the external HDD visible to the Win 10 PC?

:)

dsscottage, Sep 14, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer

Open File Explorer on the Windows 10 PC. In the left column click Network. Then click on the computer name of the Windows 10 PC. The files/folders that show up on the right side are the files and folders that are shared. Right click one of them, click properties, click the sharing tab, then advanced sharing, then permissions. That will list the users that can access that file/folder.

Also on the Sharing tab of the properties screen click the link for Network and Sharing center. Is file sharing set up under the advanced sharing screen?

Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Sep 14, 2018
  3. mel2000 Win User
    ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing

SOLVED:
    I was able to open a shared/hidden Windows 10 folder from ES File Explorer by simply adding "Everyone" to the list of shared users to that folder in Windows 10. My sharing is password protected so I have complete control of user access.

mel2000, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer

Help needed trying to access media files on Windows 10 using Android ES Explorer

hi Nikko

Nice suggestions ... thanks... whoami certainly returns my user and no password and ipconfig provides an ipv4 address.... however... es explorer when trying to setup a new lan server with this ip config and either a user or anonymously cannot find the server
    never mind trying to login to it...

No.... I really need someone to tell me how to use the SMB 2.0 stuff i posted

george

georgeszubinskime, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer

1. Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer - Similar Threads - Access File Explorer

2. Accessing Windows Subsystem for Linux from the File Explorer in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing Windows Subsystem for Linux from the File Explorer in Win 11: I set up WSL on my Windows 11 Pro notebook and now I can see an item in the left pane of File Explorer.If I click on it, I get an error.I have tried this guide:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/49652-turn-off-network-discovery-windows-10-a.htmlfor Windows 10. Specifically,...
  3. Accessing Windows Subsystem for Linux from the File Explorer in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing Windows Subsystem for Linux from the File Explorer in Win 11: I set up WSL on my Windows 11 Pro notebook and now I can see an item in the left pane of File Explorer.If I click on it, I get an error.I have tried this guide:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/49652-turn-off-network-discovery-windows-10-a.htmlfor Windows 10. Specifically,...
  4. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  5. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  6. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by *

Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by *: We all like our stuff organized in some way so we can locate them easily. However, I cannot seems to find a way to organized my Chinese titled file in any meaningful way.This post is specifically asking if there is a way to edit registry/some program/setting changes/what not...
  8. ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing

ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing: I'd like to use ES File Explorer on my rooted GS2 Android phone to view a folder on my Windows 10 PC. My PC shares a Public Folder with other members on our local Private network. When I share the laptop folder (Share with -> specific people) and select my PC account, the...
  9. Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer

Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer: How do I log into my Windows 10 PC using ES File Explorer over my home WiFi? [img] I get there using ES File Explorer but where the hell do I go to find those credentials?????? Cookbook instructions: move pointer here, click this, select that, check this box,...
  10. Accessing Folders in Explorer win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Folders in Explorer win 10: Here is something strange. I have the 64bit Win 10 upgrade installed and I can't look inside the windows temp folder, is there a way I can do this? This is rather weird as with all the other OS's I have use this has not been a problem. It is one of the few things I find in...