Windows 10: access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

Discus and support access windows.old folder from previous 7 os in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I access the mail folders from windows mail live that reside in windows .old from the former windows 7 setup from the windows 10 update on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldyeller38, Apr 15, 2016.

1. access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

Can I access the mail folders from windows mail live that reside in windows .old from the former windows 7 setup from the windows 10 update on my computer now? I had many folders from online entities like Amazon that are not there after upgrading to 10.

:)

oldyeller38, Apr 15, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Is there a possibility to autohide the programs in Start Menu?

The Windows.old folder has nothing to do with the running of the current OS on your PC, it is only there incase you are dissatisfied with the upgrade and want to revert to the previous OS, 10 days after the upgrade it will automatically be deleted. You
    can if you wish access data from the windows.old folder if you want to. It is of no use on another PC.

Shilohbob, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Hip3zioed Win User
    How can I downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 10 if I deleted my Windows.old folder?

Re: Deleting that makes it no longer possible to return to Windows 7 without doing a full reinstall.

I am here today March 31 2016 to ask:

What if you saved the Windows.old folder to your external hard drive by renaming it, can you access that folder, re-name it back to Windows.old and recover your Previous OS from there? If so, how is that done?

Hip3zioed, Apr 15, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

Try this.
    Open W.L.M and click on Settings (cog at bottom)
    click on Manage Accounts and open each account in turn to do the following
    Click on CHANGE MAILBOX SYNC SETTINGS....then Download E-mail from....change to Anytime.

dencal, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

1. access windows.old folder from previous 7 os - Similar Threads - access old folder

2. Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied: I recently bought a nvme ssd and migrated my os there. I wanted to delete the windows o OS files from my old drive but it denies me access. I tried changing ownership but it still kept on denying me access. I don't want to format the drive because there are important files in...
  3. Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied: I recently bought a nvme ssd and migrated my os there. I wanted to delete the windows o OS files from my old drive but it denies me access. I tried changing ownership but it still kept on denying me access. I don't want to format the drive because there are important files in...
  4. Old Folder from Previous PC Showing Up on New Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Folder from Previous PC Showing Up on New Laptop: So, a few days ago, I noticed a new folder appeared in my Videos folder. The thing is, I recognize the name of the folder from my previous PC. It was empty, so I just deleted it.I assume that this happened either through my computer syncing with my Microsoft account or One...
  5. Old Folder from Previous PC Showing Up on New Laptop

Old Folder from Previous PC Showing Up on New Laptop: So, a few days ago, I noticed a new folder appeared in my Videos folder. The thing is, I recognize the name of the folder from my previous PC. It was empty, so I just deleted it.I assume that this happened either through my computer syncing with my Microsoft account or One...
  6. Old Folder from Previous PC Showing Up on New Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Accessing Windows 7 share folder

Accessing Windows 7 share folder: Hi there! I have a Windows 10 Pro computer W10P from which I would like to connect to a share folder on my Windows 7 W7 computer but I can't get it to work: [ATTACH] Same network, etc. etc., the machines are able to ping each other. I also have a Windows 10 Home W10H...
  8. Accessing Folders from previous install

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Folders from previous install: I recently reinstalled Win10 as I was getting issues. Since then I have been unable to modify contents of certain folders. For instance my download folder (which in previous install, I had relocated to an external drive). When I did the new install, I changed the account...
  9. Accessing folders on old HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing folders on old HD: The harddrive form my old PC has some really important files on it that I have to retrieve. I connected it to my new PC and while it shows up in explorer I cannot accessing my folder due to some permissions thing. I thought I'd boot up from the old harddrive but when I do...
  10. windows 7 old folder

windows 7 old folder: I am using windows 10 and I want to uninstall windows 7 old folder. seems I don't permission. Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-old-folder/74bb01c6-1cce-41e4-b852-ea70360170da"