Windows 10: access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

Discus and support access windows.old folder from previous 7 os in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I access the mail folders from windows mail live that reside in windows .old from the former windows 7 setup from the windows 10 update on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldyeller38, Apr 15, 2016.

1. access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

Can I access the mail folders from windows mail live that reside in windows .old from the former windows 7 setup from the windows 10 update on my computer now? I had many folders from online entities like Amazon that are not there after upgrading to 10.

:)

oldyeller38, Apr 15, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Is there a possibility to autohide the programs in Start Menu?

The Windows.old folder has nothing to do with the running of the current OS on your PC, it is only there incase you are dissatisfied with the upgrade and want to revert to the previous OS, 10 days after the upgrade it will automatically be deleted. You
    can if you wish access data from the windows.old folder if you want to. It is of no use on another PC.

Shilohbob, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Hip3zioed Win User
    How can I downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 10 if I deleted my Windows.old folder?

Re: Deleting that makes it no longer possible to return to Windows 7 without doing a full reinstall.

I am here today March 31 2016 to ask:

What if you saved the Windows.old folder to your external hard drive by renaming it, can you access that folder, re-name it back to Windows.old and recover your Previous OS from there? If so, how is that done?

Hip3zioed, Apr 15, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

Try this.
    Open W.L.M and click on Settings (cog at bottom)
    click on Manage Accounts and open each account in turn to do the following
    Click on CHANGE MAILBOX SYNC SETTINGS....then Download E-mail from....change to Anytime.

dencal, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

1. access windows.old folder from previous 7 os - Similar Threads - access old folder

2. Previous calendar access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous calendar access: With the newest Windows 10 update I have lost access to my previous calendar. This is a serious problem since it was the only calendar I keep. It may have been associated with Yahoo. I don't recall for sure. Help !!!!...
  3. Access to data from Old domain profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to data from Old domain profiles: Hi guys, I need some advise. We recently moved from one domain to another after our company was bought. so after joining a new domain, I'm unable to access the old data that was in the user account that belongs to the old domain, When I go to users folder under C drive, old...
  4. No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop

No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop: About 4 weeks ago I found I could no longer access any Win 10 folders from my Win 7 PC or Win 7 laptop. I have done the following to try to resolve this. 1) On Win 7 machines. deleted mapped drives and tried to re-map them – Failed, could not even see the Win 10 Laptop when...
  5. windows 7 old folder

windows 7 old folder: I am using windows 10 and I want to uninstall windows 7 old folder. seems I don't permission. Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-old-folder/74bb01c6-1cce-41e4-b852-ea70360170da"
  6. previous windowsfiles and folders

previous windowsfiles and folders: If I remove files from a previous Windows installation using storage sense, can they be restored, if needed. Or are they deleted permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windowsfiles-and-folders/17f4e924-e61e-4c14-815d-0bb704d035aa"
  7. Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7

Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7: We recently had 2 new computers built in house, both with Windows 10 OS. Our main computer that we use for shared files runs on Windows 7. After connecting both new Win 10 computers to network, one had immediate access to shared files and hasn't missed a beat, however the...
  8. Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC

Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC: 2 computers; 1 recently upgraded from W7 Pro, 64-Bit to W10. The other computer is still running W7 Pro, 64-Bit. I had been able to access shared folders and files without entering a username/PW between the 2 PC's. Now, when I try to access a shared folder/file on the W10...
  9. Remove Old OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove Old OS: I was running 7 and wanting a fresh install for 10. I created a new partition and installed 10. Now after a bit I'd like to format the old partition where win 7 is running but I'm afraid the boot manager still resides on there. I've gone into system configuration and into the...
  10. Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ?: Just a question... i upgrade my windows ultimate and select to mantain file, documents, settings etc.. Now when i start windows 10 all my documents are present but no programs before installed, all are under windows.old / program.... So with this "upgrade" i must reinstall...