Windows 10: Access with no credentials

Discus and support Access with no credentials in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello one of my PC is acting as a media server and I would like it strats up as soon as I push the power button (it should behave like a CD player :) )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stanzani, Jun 8, 2021.

1. stanzani Win User

Access with no credentials

Hello one of my PC is acting as a media server and I would like it strats up as soon as I push the power button (it should behave like a CD player Access with no credentials :) ) I want to get rid of the microsoft account management bloatware some how, for esxample 'd like to create an se which is not a Microsfot user but I am in troble here. Then I'd like to eable a login w/o credetentials ... Please address also any concern about security (my LAN is protected by VPN and W10 Firewall and defender): any action to improve this? Please advice

:)

stanzani, Jun 8, 2021

2. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Access with no credentials

Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Access with no credentials

1. Access with no credentials - Similar Threads - Access credentials

2. Access with no credentials

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access with no credentials: Hello one of my PC is acting as a media server and I would like it strats up as soon as I push the power button (it should behave like a CD player :) ) I want to get rid of the microsoft account management bloatware some how, for esxample 'd like to create an se which is not...
  3. network credentials pop up when accessing another device on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network credentials pop up when accessing another device on network: PROBLEM #1: I have one desktop running on Win 7, one laptop running on Win 10, and 1 printer on the same network. I used to be able to access files between both devices without any issue. Recently, when I try to access the desktop from my laptop, a "Enter Windows...
  4. Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade: After reformatting a Dell laptop Inspiron 7548 with the latest 20H2 Windows 10, I was greeted with a Home version as the install never asked me which version to install. The install was a clean install and the old install was Pro. I was directed to the Microsoft store to...
  5. Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied

Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied: Just got a new Lenovo windows 10 laptop that we are trying to connect to the network wirelessly it does not have an ethernet port. I have the correct name and password logged into the network. The network is visible when using file explorer. However, when I go to open a...
  6. Accessing shared '\\PCName\Users\Public' Prompts Network Credentials

Accessing shared '\\PCName\Users\Public' Prompts Network Credentials: This is a very strange annoyance. Whenever I initially try to access the public folder on a networked PC named 'WiRNS' from any other PC, I'm presented with this 'Network Credentials' prompt: [img] Note that it already says in red, "The user name or password is incorrect"...
  7. Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied: Succeeded at getting my PCs connected to private WiFi network *Smile Now when I copy a file from one computer to the other I get the error message "Destination Folder Access Denied." Event Viewer reports error 7023, "The Credentials Manager service terminated with error...
  8. Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied: Succeeded at getting my PCs connected to private WiFi network *Smile Now when I copy a file from one computer to the other I get the error message "Destination Folder Access Denied." Event Viewer reports error 7023, "The Credentials Manager service terminated with error...
  9. User Access Control Prompts user credentials each time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Access Control Prompts user credentials each time.: Hi I've installed Windows 10 version 1909 Build18363.10.16 in my machine. When I try to run an application each time prompts for user name & password. I've reduced user access control to never notify. but still it prompts the user name password. I'm not sure what else...
  10. When trying to access remote desktop it asks for credentials ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    When trying to access remote desktop it asks for credentials ???: I have setup a new computer in my network. ALL other comcuters in the network CAN access each others remote desktop WITHOUT asking for credentials. What do I mis at the new computer to access WITHOUT it asking for credentials ?...