Windows 10: Access with Windows 10 to older Windows server(2003) on the same LAN

Discus and support Access with Windows 10 to older Windows server(2003) on the same LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have problem with my new PC at work, I can't access our server with OS Windows Server 2003. The user has permissions, the same user have 2 PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by berko_space, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Access with Windows 10 to older Windows server(2003) on the same LAN

Hi,

I have problem with my new PC at work, I can't access our server with OS Windows Server 2003. The user has permissions, the same user have 2 PC, older one with Windows 7 can access to the server(Shared folders), but the new PC with Windows 10 Pro can't. I have 70 PC's on my LAN, but only this one can't access Windows Server2003... The error message is "the user have no permissions to access".

It will be great if somebody can help me with this problem, I have tried to solve this problem, but with no success.

:)

berko_space, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Wing P Win User

Cannot file shared to windows server 2003 using windows 10 build 1703

Hi Rose,

• Did you get any error messages when you try share file? Yes,i got error windows cannot access \\192.168.1.15\public (error code : 0x80004005)
    • Does this happen to all files you want to share or to just specific file only? this happen when i use windows 10 and some windows 7. (but the older computer can access file in windows server 2003).
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? I have check connection with LAN cable working, ping with ip and name server to server it working to.
    any solution for this error?

Thank You.

Regards,

Wing P, Jul 8, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jul 8, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Access with Windows 10 to older Windows server(2003) on the same LAN

Windows 2003 SP1

Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 for Windows 2003 Server.

Something has been done on the security front:
    • Security Configuration Wizard.
      Customers can more easily reduce attack surface area with the new Security Configuration Wizard. The tool reduces the attack surface by gathering information about specific server roles, then automatically blocking all services and ports not needed to perform those roles.
    • Windows Firewall.
      Customers can increase their security with the new Windows® Firewall on the server, allowing networkwide control through Group Policy. Also released with Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Firewall serves as a host (software) firewall around each client and server computer on a customer's network.
    • Post-Setup Security Updates (PSSU).
      Servers are vulnerable during the time between their installation and application of the latest security updates. In response, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 blocks all inbound connections to the server after installation until Windows Update has delivered the latest security updates to the new computer.
    Sounds good to me.

W1zzard, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Access with Windows 10 to older Windows server(2003) on the same LAN

1. Access with Windows 10 to older Windows server(2003) on the same LAN - Similar Threads - Access older server

2. Windows 10 vs Server 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 vs Server 2003: Hi, I have an old control system that currently runs on Windows Server 2003. The control system has x2 PCs arranged in a hot-standby fashion. Both PCs are networked together with the client keeping synchronized to the server. If I use Wireshark I see the client requesting...
  3. Windows 10 vs Server 2003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 vs Server 2003: Hi, I have an old control system that currently runs on Windows Server 2003. The control system has x2 PCs arranged in a hot-standby fashion. Both PCs are networked together with the client keeping synchronized to the server. If I use Wireshark I see the client requesting...
  4. Windows 10 vs Server 2003

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Server 2003 R2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2003 R2 upgrade: I have Windows 2003 R2 and would like to upgrade it to get SMBv2 working and still keep the SMBv1. If I upgrade it would I be able to keep accounts on domain and do I need to re-join computers to the domain?...
  6. Access 2003 and Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access 2003 and Windows 10 Home: I have a few questions. I have been using Access at my small business for years. I have built and extensive database. However, with the latest update to my Windows Home 10 operating system, I can no longer open my database on most of my office computers. On just one does it...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop on my office LAN that can browse other Windows 10 Computers on my network, but it can't browse my Windows 2003 Server when I type in \\Servername I get an error that the server can't be found. The other Windows 10 Pro Laptops on the network...
  8. Windows 10 & Win Server 2003

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 & Win Server 2003: We are considering upgrading our Windows 7 systems to Windows 10. Our domain uses a Windows Server 2003 and I have seen a few posts about them not working together. Can anyone give us some guidance in this area? Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 & Server 2003 Standard/Enterprise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 & Server 2003 Standard/Enterprise: I'm wondering - I have a old desktop am trying to recycle and get some more mileage out of it by installing Server 2003 Standard/Enterprise editions. The question I have is that when I tried to connect to the server via URL I got an error about SMB v1 and it being...
  10. Windows Server 2003 Virtualization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Server 2003 Virtualization: Good afternoon, sorry but I do not know where to make the next query. It is possible to virtualize three Windows 2003 servers, using the ROK license of each server. I will not have a legal problem?...