Windows 10: access work or school/does disconecting mean i need a new product key

Discus and support access work or school/does disconecting mean i need a new product key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using this computer from a school apparently and it's still connected to this feture access work or school and i'm not sure what will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by the crmsoin chin, Dec 2, 2020.

1. access work or school/does disconecting mean i need a new product key

I have been using this computer from a school apparently and it's still connected to this feture access work or school and i'm not

sure what will happen if i disconect from this will i loose anything and have to use another freshly started computer

:)

the crmsoin chin, Dec 2, 2020
  2. EliSherer Win User

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2020
  4. access work or school/does disconecting mean i need a new product key

Retrieve product key from laptop and put it on new pc

Hi Pieguy6mc,

You can determine if you can remember if you did one of the listed upgrades above.

Based on your information provided, it was upgraded from XP, right?

This means it is not included in the steps above.

In this kind of case, you can download a Media Creation Tool and insert the Windows License key that you have to check if it will still work on your end.

Feel free to give me feedback if you're able to do this suggestion.

Thanks and have a good day!

RichardGuerzon, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

access work or school/does disconecting mean i need a new product key

1. access work or school/does disconecting mean i need a new product key - Similar Threads - access school does

2. New Product Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Product Key not working: I bought a used laptop from a guy 6 mos ago, thought it had Office. Got the "license will expire soon" message a dozen times a day, then it said it expired. Must've been a volume license, and I am obviously no longer connected to their server. Went to Office Max and purchased...
  3. New Product Key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Product Key not working: I bought a used laptop from a guy 6 mos ago, thought it had Office. Got the "license will expire soon" message a dozen times a day, then it said it expired. Must've been a volume license, and I am obviously no longer connected to their server. Went to Office Max and purchased...
  4. New Product Key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Why does my computer say I need a new product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer say I need a new product key.: My computer says I need a new product key why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-say-i-need-a-new-product-key/33035f27-283d-41e8-96ef-e00bbf12fe04
  6. Why does my computer say I need a new product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer say I need a new product key.: My computer says I need a new product key why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-say-i-need-a-new-product-key/33035f27-283d-41e8-96ef-e00bbf12fe04
  7. Product key does not work

Product key does not work: I just purchased the Windows 10 online and my new product key does not work. I tried restarting my laptop and entering the product key multiple times.The message I received was: The product key you entered didn’t work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different...
  8. New product key will not work

New product key will not work: Hello, My laptop kept giving me a message that my Windows is expiring. I went to the Microsoft store and purchased a new license. I received the e-mail with the product key. I went to the Activation page under Settings and chose the link to "Change product key." I...
  9. New Product Key not working

New Product Key not working: I just bought a product key from the Microsoft store. They sent me a product key. When I entered to key to activate Windows 10 I wouldn't work. Any ideas? This is a new build computer. My son put a copy of Windows 10 on it but I had to buy a product key. So am I just out $140...
  10. New product key needed

New product key needed: My mate sold me his old laptop after he upfraded os from windows 8 to windows 10 pro. Now every time i turn on the laptop it asks for an activation key. Can i purchase the activation key on its own without buying the os software?...