Windows 10: Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

Discus and support Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-will-finally-offer-easy-access-to-linux-files/ 127317 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by martyfelker, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-will-finally-offer-easy-access-to-linux-files/

:)

martyfelker, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Drone Win User
    Drone, Feb 16, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Access WSL files  from Explorer in in April 2019 update fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Access WSL files  from Explorer in in April 2019 update scu-png.png

newtekie1, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

1. Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update - Similar Threads - Access WSL files

2. April 2019 Windows 10 Update Damaged Controlled Folder Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    April 2019 Windows 10 Update Damaged Controlled Folder Access: My computer just updated and now I can't access the Controlled Folder Access. I get the error message "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." I am a Windows 10...
  3. Windos 10 cumulative update April 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windos 10 cumulative update April 2019: This cumulative update has been downloaded for 4 days and I have restarted my PC as it asks me to 4 times at least, yet it will not install. Any suggestions?...
  4. Windows Update April 2019

Windows Update April 2019: Hello, My laptop started updating, which stalled at a certain point. I don't know what the percentage was, because the screen turned black. When I rebooted, the screen turned black again after showing the Asus logo. After several times trying to reboot my device, I tried...
  5. Windows 10 Update April 2019

Windows 10 Update April 2019: I installed the update on my Dell Inspiron April 11th. When I turned on my laptop after installing the update, my laptop ran just fine for about twenty minutes. Then, it shut off and has been completely unresponsive since. I cannot get it to power on, nor does a light come on...
  6. File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update: After updating Windows 10 yesterday, my file explorer only shows pictures/symbols and not titles or properties of files. I assume there is a setting that controls this. Can anyone identify what I need to change? Thanks, Bk...
  7. Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes April 2019 Security Updates Release Date: April 09, 2019 The April security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services...
  8. Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates

Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes April 2019 Security Updates Release Date: April 09, 2019 The April security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services...
  9. April 2019 Driver Update ... Was it released on April 1, 2019 to some users?

April 2019 Driver Update ... Was it released on April 1, 2019 to some users?: Was this update to be done on April 1, 2019. I received updates and was not sure if this was a correct update or not. It updated many drivers. Thanks...
  10. Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-will-finally-offer-easy-access-to-linux-files/ 127317