Windows 10: Accessibility issue: is there a way to require *double-clicking* on the 'X' to close programs?

Discus and support Accessibility issue: is there a way to require *double-clicking* on the 'X' to close programs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etnvhy/accessibility_issue_is_there_a_way_to_require/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashuraaz23, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Accessibility issue: is there a way to require *double-clicking* on the 'X' to close programs?

/u/ashuraaz23, Jan 25, 2020

2. Programs closing when clicking on Minimize

When I click minimize no error appears it just closes like when I press the X button.

I did research and nothing came up about it so no I have not done any troubleshooting steps.

Matthew20cats, Jan 25, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Accessibility issue: is there a way to require *double-clicking* on the 'X' to close programs?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Accessibility issue: is there a way to require *double-clicking* on the 'X' to close programs?

1. Accessibility issue: is there a way to require *double-clicking* on the 'X' to close programs? - Similar Threads - Accessibility issue require

2. Is there a way to replace double-click with two "single" clicks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to replace double-click with two "single" clicks?: I've got my mouse set to the slowest double-click setting in Windows 10, but I tend to get wrist cramps and stiffness in my fingers so it's still uncomfortable. I've tried single-click, but it's awkward to use when batch-selecting with shift or CTRL. It occurred to me that I...
  3. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  4. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  5. Double click issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click issue.: Every time after double clicking the folders or files, they were deleted and moved into trash. Then the computer started to pop up a window titled "Interrupted Actions". This issue happened after I installed the windows update which seems to be KB5014668 or KB5014697. Also,...
  6. Double click issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click issue.: Every time after double clicking the folders or files, they were deleted and moved into trash. Then the computer started to pop up a window titled "Interrupted Actions". This issue happened after I installed the windows update which seems to be KB5014668 or KB5014697. Also,...
  7. Is there a way to convert single click→ double click

Is there a way to convert single click→ double click: I'm doing a pretty tedious project on chrome where I need to double click to open something and confirm. Is there a way (chrome extension or windows 10 app) I can turn this into only single clicking (like something I can turn on and off) *I am not asking about the double...
  8. Mouse double click issue

Mouse double click issue: My mouse has been randomly double clicking. Usually after a little while of my computer running. I’m on an omen laptop and I don’t know how to fix it permanently. The only temp fix I’ve found is to restart my computer. Other than that I’m so lost. Please help. Thank you in...
  9. Mouse issues double clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse issues double clicks: I have windows 10. After the latest update, my mouse issues double clicks, causing windows to pop to maximum size and other problems. The problem is not the device. I have a wireless USB mouse and a wired USB mouse. The problem, which started suddenly, exists when I use...
  10. Is there a way to force unquit a program even if I clicked the close (X) icon?

Is there a way to force unquit a program even if I clicked the close (X) icon?: I know this may look cheesy but I'm trying to upload a file using firefox and, by habit and muscle memory, I keep quitting the browser and then I have to restart the uploading process again. So Is there a way to keep firefox open even if I closed it accidentally submitted by...