Windows 10: Accessibility

Discus and support Accessibility in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't open settings in windows 10 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessibility/06c58fe8-2d8f-433d-ab49-e45a5a09be92 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShresthaShirash, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Accessibility

I can't open settings in windows 10 in my laptop

:)

ShresthaShirash, Apr 4, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 4, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Accessibility

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Accessibility

1. Accessibility - Similar Threads - Accessibility

2. Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?: I first noticed this a year ago when someone managed to hack in to my gmail account and from there they got my Microsoft account password as well as a bunch of others..including my banking...it caused me all kinds if grief...I resolved all of this by changing all my passwords...
  3. Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?: I first noticed this a year ago when someone managed to hack in to my gmail account and from there they got my Microsoft account password as well as a bunch of others..including my banking...it caused me all kinds if grief...I resolved all of this by changing all my passwords...
  4. Cant access startup/login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access startup/login screen: When I start my computer I am not given the option to enter a pin or password. If I press enter, ctrl+alt+delete, or any other key, the screen will move like it is attempting to take me to the login screen, but just returns to a plank screen saver....
  5. Cant access startup/login screen

Cant access startup/login screen: When I start my computer I am not given the option to enter a pin or password. If I press enter, ctrl+alt+delete, or any other key, the screen will move like it is attempting to take me to the login screen, but just returns to a plank screen saver....
  6. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  7. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  8. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. CONTACT IT HELPDESK, cannot access my virus protection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONTACT IT HELPDESK, cannot access my virus protection...: how is it that Microsoft continues to prove utterly useless, not only with their products but with their useless help services. Not one person can fix these stupid **** issues. I have done a hard reset twice and i cannot access my own **** Anti-virus settings. FRESH RESET -...
  10. CONTACT IT HELPDESK, cannot access my virus protection...

CONTACT IT HELPDESK, cannot access my virus protection...: how is it that Microsoft continues to prove utterly useless, not only with their products but with their useless help services. Not one person can fix these stupid **** issues. I have done a hard reset twice and i cannot access my own **** Anti-virus settings. FRESH RESET -...