Windows 10: Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP

Discus and support Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use RDP to access my computer at work. I have 2 computers on the same network that I need to access with RDP. I access #1 and save as a shortcut on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SharonTM, Jun 30, 2019.

1. SharonTM Win User

Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP

I use RDP to access my computer at work. I have 2 computers on the same network that I need to access with RDP. I access #1 and save as a shortcut on my desktop perfectly, but then when I access #2 computer and try to save as a shortcut (different name) it always saves the connection I previously accessed. It wont allow me to successfully save 2 shortcuts (named #1 and #2) ? It always goes back to the other login. Why ? I have done this before , what am I missing?

:)

SharonTM, Jun 30, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 30, 2019
  3. RDP Problems windows 10

My laptop is running windows 10 and I wish to RDP to my windows 10 Desktop via Lan, although when ever try it just comes up with:

1) Remote access to the server is not enabled

2) The remote computer is not turned on

3) The remote computer is not available on the network

all of which is false, I have tried adding RDP to the list of allowed apps through the firewall but it still doesn't work. any ideas ?

Hayden Shelton, Jun 30, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP - Similar Threads - Accessing computers same

2. Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network: I'm trying to share a Drive on my laptop Win11 Home through my Network so my desktop Win 11 Pro can rename files and do some file management on it. Both are on the same network and what I've done so far is mess around with settings to the point where I can see the other...
  3. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surface laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to access documents on computter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago...
  4. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surface laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to access documents on computter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago...
  5. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surce laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to documents on compter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago somthing...
  6. Can't access files on a computer connected to the same network

Can't access files on a computer connected to the same network: I have two laptops connected to the same wi-fi network, both have activated network discovery, and appear on the "Network " window in the file explorer, however, when trying to access to a computer it will only show "This folder is empty"This happens both ways, if I try from...
  7. Access Windows per RDP (Same Network)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access Windows per RDP (Same Network): Hello, how do i rdp to a my Pc (its in the same network as me) how do i enable rdp on the client / server machine? submitted by /u/xlogiic2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jaijnp/access_windows_per_rdp_same_network/
  8. How to put 2 home computers in a same network

How to put 2 home computers in a same network: I have 2 computers at home: one desktop computer running windows10 version 1803 and one laptop computer running Windows 10 version 1903. I use wireless. How to put 2 computers in a same network, so that I can share. Before it is Ok. Now it disappears. Please help. Thanks...
  9. Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI

Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Home edition in my laptop. I am able to connect to my home network through LAN cable but when I am trying to connect to my home network through WIFI, I am unable to connect. I have tried troubleshooting. I have tried disabling and enabling...
  10. I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can: I can't access my home network wd drive but 2 other computers on same network can--all have windows 10 professional--How can I fix this problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to rdp network computer in same network