Windows 10: accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network

Discus and support accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to access files on a memory card installed in my HP printer. This used to work fine, but recently it has stopped working. It has a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickKontis, Sep 27, 2019.

1. accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network

I am trying to access files on a memory card installed in my HP printer. This used to work fine, but recently it has stopped working. It has a folder called HPSCANS which collect scans done by the printer. I use the same method on another PC on my local network with no problem. On my current PC I get the following error message when using this syntax \\192.168.5.132\memory_card:

'The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another'

I get the same message when I add the folder name HPSCANS or attempt to leave off 'memory_card'

The printer uses wireless networking on my router

My PC is on a hardwire port on my router

The other PC I successfully use to accesss this memory card uses a wireless NIC

I can ping the printer's IP address xxx.132 or whatever it's current IP address is if it restarts

I can ping the other PC's IP address and connect to shares on that PC's hard drive

Both PCs have the same OS Build 1903 21may2019

I can temporarily place the memory stick in my PC to copy files scanned on the printer...not my favorite solution

:)

NickKontis, Sep 27, 2019

2. Cannot install local/network HP 1102 printer. administrator keeps blocking app.

Hi Chris,

• Is your Printer connected to a Local network or Domain network?
    • Do you get any error message?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs here as well.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Kevin_888 Win User
    HP DeskJet 9670 printer on Windows 10.

Go to the HP Support Web Site as below...

HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver | HP® Customer Support

In my case I then needed to go to Step 3 and working through from there - my printer was NOT in the list so I had to select the bottom option 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings' and click 'Next', working through their Online
    instructions from there. The next screen will probably give you the option to update the list of printer drivers on your PC: go for that BUT note that it may well appear to have stopped working as it took perhaps 10-15 minutes to update! Go and make a cup
    of coffee in the interim!

If your printer is on one or other of the HP/Hewlett Packard lists then you should be OK, if not, you will need to ascertain which listed printer is the nearest or recommended substitute one to use. HP should have a list of suggestions if it is not too old,
    otherwise try the 9800, which is the one that I have to use for my 9670 (which is A3).

Good luck!

Kevin_888, Sep 27, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network

1. accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network - Similar Threads - accessing memory card

2. Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network: Hi, I have a 2 PCs. Windows 10 and Windows 11.I am trying to connect to my Windows 10 PC from my Windows 11. However, when I click on it, it asks for log in credentials which I never set up for since I usually sign in with my Microsoft account and it seems no matter what I...
  3. Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network: Hi, I have a 2 PCs. Windows 10 and Windows 11.I am trying to connect to my Windows 10 PC from my Windows 11. However, when I click on it, it asks for log in credentials which I never set up for since I usually sign in with my Microsoft account and it seems no matter what I...
  4. Installing local network printer driver .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing local network printer driver .: Hi folks, I am trying to install local network printer driver on windows 10 but it gives me error as below . Windows cannot connect to the printer 0x00006e4 This issue happened for some users. The steps that I did : Restart print spooler service. Check the network...
  5. why wont hp printer connects to my network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why wont hp printer connects to my network?: How can I get HP deskjet printer to connect to my wireless network???!!! I have been researching for days now,.very frustrating! Any advice,, tips, tricks?!!HP Support really is not helpful. I dont know if this is a Windows issue or a printer issue, probably Microsoft I am...
  6. Pulling my hair out trying to share a folder across my local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pulling my hair out trying to share a folder across my local network: For more than 15 years, my PC has had a folder containing family photos, and I've shared the folder with my wife's computer. And it's worked great as, not at the same time, her computer and mine migrated from XP, to Windows 7, and then her computer to Windows 10. But with my...
  7. cannot access network printer

cannot access network printer: wireless printer is installed but is not recognized by computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-network-printer/f20d6499-3dd9-45d9-9e7a-032e339f1288
  8. Unable to load memory card on my HP laptop.

Unable to load memory card on my HP laptop.: The update to my memory card drive has been blocked from starting by Windows because they have trouble with it. They are advising me to contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. I cannot find any reference to my problem on the RealtekSemiconductCorp Site. Anyone else had...
  9. HP Printer won't connect to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Printer won't connect to network: My HP Officejet 4652 was working great connected to my laptop through wi-fi ( I have windows 10). Then we had a lightning storm and the power was out for about 2 hours. Since then, the printer says all the right things but it can't connect to the network. I've run all of the...
  10. Access to network printers etc...

in Browsers and Email
    Access to network printers etc...: When trying to add some of my network printers the process never found any. I was doing this vial the control panel's to add new printers. I have three printers on my network and they cannot be found. How to I get around this problem? I am, however, able to access net work...