Windows 10: Accessing a website

Discus and support Accessing a website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to access this website to do homework, but it seems that I can only open such website on a friend's mac book. The website also works on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bmw4bri14, Nov 9, 2018.

1. bmw4bri14 Win User

Accessing a website

I am trying to access this website to do homework, but it seems that I can only open such website on a friend's mac book. The website also works on my iPhone's safari browser but won't open on my laptop.

I have a Windows surface tablet/laptop, the newest one to come out. I have tried on Microsoft edge, regular internet explorer, chrome and firefox browsers, but non are able to open the website.

This is the website <rstudio.lawrence.edu>

:)

bmw4bri14, Nov 9, 2018

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Website Access Denied

We're glad to learn that you can access the website now. We appreciate the list of troubleshooting steps that you posted. It would be very helpful to other community members who are experiencing the same thing.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other concern regarding accessing websites.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Accessing a website

Website Access Denied

Hi Robert,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from accessing this particular website. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Can you access this website from a different device or computer?
    • Are you connected to a private network, or a public network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried aside from using other browsers?

Yolvi Ell, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Accessing a website

1. Accessing a website - Similar Threads - Accessing website

2. My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website: Hello,My laptop is locked because my IP address was used without my knowledge or consent to access identity theft. I was given Microsoft support number 1-888-586-6472 is this your support number?...
  3. My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website: Hello,My laptop is locked because my IP address was used without my knowledge or consent to access identity theft. I was given Microsoft support number 1-888-586-6472 is this your support number?...
  4. Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...: I'm having an issue with only certain clients that have Samsung phones or have Windows Defender. It blocks them from accessing my website with Kajabi. It gives them a security warning. Sometimes turning the wifi off will fix it, but not always. I have to ask them to clear...
  5. Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...: I'm having an issue with only certain clients that have Samsung phones or have Windows Defender. It blocks them from accessing my website with Kajabi. It gives them a security warning. Sometimes turning the wifi off will fix it, but not always. I have to ask them to clear...
  6. Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...

7. Cannot access any microsoft websites that require a login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access any microsoft websites that require a login: I have not changed anything on my computer however something happened as i cannot access any microsoft websites that require me to login office.com, outlook.com, live.com, etc. i can access other websites with no problem. this happens whether i use edge, google or firefox. i...
  8. Cannot access any microsoft websites that require a login

Cannot access any microsoft websites that require a login: I have not changed anything on my computer however something happened as i cannot access any microsoft websites that require me to login office.com, outlook.com, live.com, etc. i can access other websites with no problem. this happens whether i use edge, google or firefox. i...
  9. Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]: For some reason, I'm unable to access some seemingly random websites via ethernet cable. My wifi connection works fine. I'm running Windows 11. On chrome, I get the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error message and "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." in Firefox. I've tried...
  10. Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]

Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]: For some reason, I'm unable to access some seemingly random websites via ethernet cable. My wifi connection works fine. I'm running Windows 11. On chrome, I get the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error message and "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." in Firefox. I've tried...