Windows 10: Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter.

Discus and support Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey! I am struggling to figure out how to make the following work. I am using an ethernet adapter to connect my Windows 10 pc to the Internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobinLombaert, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter.

Hey!

I am struggling to figure out how to make the following work.

I am using an ethernet adapter to connect my Windows 10 pc to the Internet.

However, I also have a WIFI network at home that contains, e.g., a printer and an audio device, that I would like to access with my pc. I am using a WIFI adapter (Asus AC55 Wireless AC1300), of which the drivers have been updated.

The network and sharing center => adapter settings shows both the ethernet and WIFI adapters and both are working correctly. I have access to the Internet without any problems. However, the WIFI adapter cannot connect to the local WIFI network simply because it does not detect any networks.

It seems to me the WIFI adapter itself is working fine and that the problem lies somewhere in Windows 10's settings for detecting WIFI networks. I can provide the results of a wlanreport if that helps identifying the issue.

Note that I have noticed an issue with the USB ports I am using for the WIFI adapter. Upon installing the WIFI adapter drivers, it says my USB3.0 drivers are not updated. Trying to update those will result in a failure. I am using the WIFI adapter through a USB 2.0 port instead to avoid any problems there. But again, the WIFI adapter is detected properly, its drivers are working fine. There's just no detection of WIFI networks...

Cheers for any help you can provide.

Robin

:)

RobinLombaert, Jul 20, 2018
  2. matake Win User

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Jul 20, 2018
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter. install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter. pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter. select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter. Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 20, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter.

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter.

1. Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter. - Similar Threads - Accessing WIFI network

2. Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites: These are the methods I have tried to solve the issue listed: Restarted Computer Reset Network Cleared Cache and History All of it Troubleshooting with Proxy Network Chrome or Edge is effected with the same response Used Windows Troubleshooting Turned off Firewall and turned...
  3. Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites: These are the methods I have tried to solve the issue listed: Restarted Computer Reset Network Cleared Cache and History All of it Troubleshooting with Proxy Network Chrome or Edge is effected with the same response Used Windows Troubleshooting Turned off Firewall and turned...
  4. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet": I've been using Wi fi for my internet connection with no problem. However, after not using the ethernet connection for a long time, I just tried to use the ethernet connection and it indicates "no internet." I would like to be able to switch the connection to the wired...
  5. Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access": Hi, I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was working fine at the beginning. But later when I updated to the newer version of Windows my WiFi connection started having issues. Can anyone here help me identify where the problem is? Here are...
  6. Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

Ethernet connected but no access to internet.: I just moved and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. There is no ethernet port in my room so I'm using a tp-link av1000 adapter. I do not have wifi on my computer it was custom built. When I go to ethernet status for the network I can see that it is sending and...
  7. Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet

Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet: Sony Vaio FW Series laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I am not able to connect to Wifi network or using Ethernet cable. Error Message while connecting to wifi network - Can't connect to this network. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10, resetting wifi adapter...
  8. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters: Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and...
  9. will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet

will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet: Hello, my windows 10 computer was fine and running well, now suddenly after I moved it will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet. I've replaced my WiFi card and the old one (only about a year old) works perfectly in another computer. When I run the diagnostic it tells me...
  10. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...