Windows 10: Accessing a WIndows 10 PC via RDP

Discus and support Accessing a WIndows 10 PC via RDP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently replaced a Windows 7 PC with a new Windows 10 PC. The user of this PC needs to be able to access it through our VPN as they did before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Quitman_27, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Accessing a WIndows 10 PC via RDP

I have recently replaced a Windows 7 PC with a new Windows 10 PC. The user of this PC needs to be able to access it through our VPN as they did before. The PC they access from is Windows 8.1. After the swap out, we can access other PCs on our internal network just like we did before, but not the new Windows 10 PC. It is using a static IP address and we have verified that is correct. I have enabled all the appropriate Remote Access options in control panel and checked the port in regedit as some threads have suggested. PC does not use Windows Firewall, it uses the same managed firewall that the other PCs use. I can access them just fine. We are using static IP addresses on all remotely accessed PCs. The RDC on the Windows 8.1 when trying to access the Windows 10 PC tells me that Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of the following reasons:

1) Remote access is not enabled (it is everywhere I can think to look)

2) The remote computer is turned off (it's not)

3) The remote computer is not available on the network (it is, I can RDC within the internal network)

Is there anything I am missing? We are using Cisco Forticlient that just connects to our internal network and like I said, I can RDC into other PCs once connected to the VPN. All PCs are under same managed firewall and centrally managed anti-virus.

:)

Quitman_27, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Jan 31, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Accessing a WIndows 10 PC via RDP

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Accessing a WIndows 10 PC via RDP

1. Accessing a WIndows 10 PC via RDP - Similar Threads - Accessing via RDP

2. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP access issue: We are facing an issue related to AD user account access. We have isolated AWS accounts for external clients. Their on-premises network is connected to that account over AWS private link and their network doesn't have access to our Domain Controller VPC. We have an AD domain...
  3. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP access issue: We are facing an issue related to AD user account access. We have isolated AWS accounts for external clients. Their on-premises network is connected to that account over AWS private link and their network doesn't have access to our Domain Controller VPC. We have an AD domain...
  4. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. RDP access issue

RDP access issue: Unable to access my computer using RDP, looks like the password has not been synced.During Windows 10 installation local a user was created, but after installation an MS account was attached. And now I can't access PC with MS credentials. How can I sync user password?...
  6. Unable to access Windows RDP via corporate network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Windows RDP via corporate network: Hi All, I have a query about Windows RDS server. We have a RDS server setup and published an internal Java app over quick session publish and trying to access it via RDWeb. We have enabled 443 and 3389 ports for the servers that would need access to the RDP. It works for most...
  7. Unable to access Windows RDP via corporate network

Unable to access Windows RDP via corporate network: Hi All, I have a query about Windows RDS server. We have a RDS server setup and published an internal Java app over quick session publish and trying to access it via RDWeb. We have enabled 443 and 3389 ports for the servers that would need access to the RDP. It works for most...
  8. Unable to access Windows RDP via corporate network

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 RDP session MS Access: I have a MS Access 2019 program that checks every 5 minutes on a database, if it has to do something. I am running this on a Windows 10 workstation (1903) remotely using remote desktop. The problem is the following: This works absolutely perfect as long as I am connected to...
  10. Some web apps will not load when accessing laptop via RDP.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some web apps will not load when accessing laptop via RDP.: I can access RDP without any problem at all. However, there are some web apps that I can access directly on my laptop, but cannot access when I go to my laptop through RDP. I believe it is DNS related, but DNS appears to be identical regardless if I am in RDP or logged onto...