Windows 10: Accessing all programs and documents in both user and adminstrator acc

Discus and support Accessing all programs and documents in both user and adminstrator acc in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Since uploading Windows 10 I can now not access all programs and documents in both user and adminstrator accounts. I was able to do this in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by larryj65, Sep 6, 2015.

1. larryj65 Win User

Accessing all programs and documents in both user and adminstrator acc

Hi,
    Since uploading Windows 10 I can now not access all programs and documents in both user and adminstrator accounts.
    I was able to do this in Windows 7 is there a setting I need to change?

:)

larryj65, Sep 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 User Account permissions and priviledges

Like I said before UAC isn't answer. Even when UAC is set to full, local non adminstrator users can still access all computer settings and modify everything. They can also modify program settings at will. UAC only stop users from installing new programs.

YoudontNeedthis123, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Apps STILL accessible on local user account AFTER 'uninstalled' by administrator account: windows 10 Home & Professional

I am losing my patience....

I have 30 computers to configure. On each I have a local account which I will be limiting access (obviously) and removing fluff programs etc.

In the adminstrator account, I am uninstalling the programs. Then when I log into the local user account - BAM! - the damned programs are still there and usable.

What is the deal?

Do I need to remove ALL the user accounts I have created - then uninstall all the programs - THEN re-create the local user accounts?

Brian_Welch_777, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Accessing all programs and documents in both user and adminstrator acc

1. Accessing all programs and documents in both user and adminstrator acc - Similar Threads - Accessing programs documents

2. Access in Win10 to Programs and Documents and Settings!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access in Win10 to Programs and Documents and Settings!: I purchased a new laptop which has Win10 installed. After struggling to gain access to ALL files and folders, and not succeeding, I deleted the recently installed account with local Administrator privileges. I did gain access through the original account, which was installed...
  3. Access in Win10 to Programs and Documents and Settings!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access in Win10 to Programs and Documents and Settings!: I purchased a new laptop which has Win10 installed. After struggling to gain access to ALL files and folders, and not succeeding, I deleted the recently installed account with local Administrator privileges. I did gain access through the original account, which was installed...
  4. user files are accessible to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user files are accessible to all users: I am setting up a new computer. I am set up as administrator local account and I have added my kids as Other users local account-not administrator. I do not want to set them up as a Microsoft accounts. The new computer has one small hard drive for storing the operating...
  5. WIN10 Adminstrator Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 Adminstrator Access denied: I was trying to edit my host file which requires my administrator permission. But I was using my administrator account on my computer. when I try to solve it by open Computer Management's----local computer and groups, it says "it may not be used in this version of Win 10"...
  6. adminstrator rights as sole user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    adminstrator rights as sole user: Why am I told I do not have administrator rights and thus cannot open desktop downloads, move files etc.? I am sole user of this newly bought PC using Windows 10 and Outlook 365. Please can you give me a step by step idiot's guide to solving this silly problem? This is a...
  7. Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission: I want to have full access for my laptop because whenever I try to install or make changes it pops out an error message that it requires administrator permission, I tried all the steps that you posted but no luck. 44829
  8. Can't access all programs and documents in both user and adm account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't access all programs and documents in both user and adm account.: Hi, Is there a setting that will allow me to access all documents and and apps in both user account and administrator account? I can not find one! 22215
  9. documents to be shared by all users

in Windows 10 Support
    documents to be shared by all users: If I want the documents to be shared by all users,should I put them in "C:\users\all users\Documents" ? Same for Downloads, Desktop, Pictures, Music etc...? Thanks, Don Cole 75088
  10. Access to Users/Documents denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to Users/Documents denied: Hi all, Everything was working fine till now, then suddenly I get an error message that access to Users/jain/Documents is denied. I searched a bit online and I ended up unlinking my OneDrive account and enabling the hidden Administrator account to no vail. Its not just...