Windows 10: Accessing an emailed windows download without internet

Discus and support Accessing an emailed windows download without internet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got a new PC and bought Windows 10 Home via email download. However when trying to access my email/internet on the new PC I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MattPMT, Sep 23, 2019.

1. MattPMT Win User

Accessing an emailed windows download without internet

I recently got a new PC and bought Windows 10 Home via email download.

However when trying to access my email/internet on the new PC I get the following error message - "Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding."

I assume this is because I don't have Windows installed but if that's the case how am I supposed to access the Windows download I bought? Everyone else I've seen with this problem already has a version of Windows installed. The only suggestion I've found that applies would be to go through the installation process on another PC and then move it across with a USB but right now I don't have very easy access to another PC. Is there anything else I could do? If that is the only way then will the PC used be affected in any way/how long will the process take? Would a 16GB SSD with a USB adapter work?

In case this is a fault with my internet instead - I'm using ethernet with a tested working cable that says I'm connected without any problems (besides when troubleshooting and getting the error above). I'm not an expert at all but I've tried ipconfig /flushdns method and making sure it's set to obtain DNS servers automatically. DHCP is enabled.

Given I haven't seen anyone else with the same issue I'm guessing there's probably something obvious but I'm genuinely stumped - please help!

:)

MattPMT, Sep 23, 2019

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Accessing an emailed windows download without internet

Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Accessing an emailed windows download without internet

1. Accessing an emailed windows download without internet - Similar Threads - Accessing emailed download

2. Download Language IME's without Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Language IME's without Internet: Is there is a way to download any Language IME for windows not keyboard to a disc and apply to system after an image has already been created? The easiest thing would be to connect to the internet download it, but the computer has the personal information of customer's on it....
  3. Download Language IME's without Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Language IME's without Internet: Is there is a way to download any Language IME for windows not keyboard to a disc and apply to system after an image has already been created? The easiest thing would be to connect to the internet download it, but the computer has the personal information of customer's on it....
  4. Can't use laptop without internet access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't use laptop without internet access: Hi. I'm trying to get a document from my drive but guess what? I can't use the computer without logging into Microsoft. 2 questions:1 How can I disable this permanently?2 Why would you design a computer that can't be used in a rural area? Not everyone has access to the...
  5. Can't use laptop without internet access

Can't use laptop without internet access: Hi. I'm trying to get a document from my drive but guess what? I can't use the computer without logging into Microsoft. 2 questions:1 How can I disable this permanently?2 Why would you design a computer that can't be used in a rural area? Not everyone has access to the...
  6. User sign-in without internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign-in without internet access: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 laptop with Windows 11. I updated my computer and now the sign in screen to unlock it just has a button that says "Sign in". When I click that button, it loads for a while then tells me "You'll need internet for this." While at college the...
  7. User sign-in without internet access

User sign-in without internet access: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 laptop with Windows 11. I updated my computer and now the sign in screen to unlock it just has a button that says "Sign in". When I click that button, it loads for a while then tells me "You'll need internet for this." While at college the...
  8. Virtual Mode without Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Mode without Internet Access: How do I open an application in Sandbox or another program in a virtual type mode keeping the application from accessing the internet and trying to update itself?...
  9. Connect to a ethernet device without internet access

Connect to a ethernet device without internet access: Windows 10. I need to connect to devices with a ethernet connection ( wired or wi-fi) but without internet access on either side. Presently, it shows the connection, with a comment NO INTERNET... when I try to log in with a browser it will not recognize the connection....
  10. Can't access NAS without internet

Can't access NAS without internet: My access to my Synology NAS is not working anymore since I have moved. At my new place, I don't have internet (yet) and it looks like that is tripping off Windows (maybe it increased security settings???). I have my folders mapped, I used to be able to access my NAS folders...