Windows 10: Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

Discus and support Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 964 BIT) I want to access the data on an old hard drive that still has an old version of windows on it. (I have a docking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phrixxos, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Phrixxos Win User

Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

I am running Windows 10 964 BIT)

I want to access the data on an old hard drive that still has an old version of windows on it. (I have a docking facility.)

How do I do that without the two operating systems conflicting?

:)

Phrixxos, Nov 14, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it. :)

dhdude, Nov 14, 2019
  3. GlynParry Win User
    Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

Cannot Access Files from old windows Hard Drive

Maybe the old PC refused to boot up because its hard disk had failed, as suggested by the Canadian Tech. Try connecting it to a different PC. If it fails there too then you need to restore your files from your backup medium.

Frederik Long, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

1. Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it. - Similar Threads - Accessing old hard

2. Not able to access old hard drive on new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to access old hard drive on new pc: I have a computer that is just a couple of years old but it's having issues connecting to a monitor I'm guessing a video card issue I took out the hard drive, and connected it to a new pc via a SATA-USB cable. However, the new pc is not properly recognizing the hard drive. It...
  3. Not able to access old hard drive on new pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to access old hard drive on new pc: I have a computer that is just a couple of years old but it's having issues connecting to a monitor I'm guessing a video card issue I took out the hard drive, and connected it to a new pc via a SATA-USB cable. However, the new pc is not properly recognizing the hard drive. It...
  4. Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive: I recently upgraded my pc, in which I got an SSD that I installed windows on. On my hard drive that previously had windows on it, I cannot access the recycle bin. I got to $RECYCLE.BIN but opening the recycle bin leads me to the recycle bin on my SSD. Is there any way I could...
  5. Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive: I recently upgraded my pc, in which I got an SSD that I installed windows on. On my hard drive that previously had windows on it, I cannot access the recycle bin. I got to $RECYCLE.BIN but opening the recycle bin leads me to the recycle bin on my SSD. Is there any way I could...
  6. Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to have access to an old hard drive ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to have access to an old hard drive ?: My little brother recently broke my laptop and it said that the hard drive was un detectable, so i got it changed and the repairman said that i lost access to all the data on the thing. Isn't there an other way to access ? I have work and precious family pictures on the fella...
  8. trying to access old hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to access old hard drive: Good morning all. I recently purchased a new computer, and I'm using old hard drives to move files off other computers, and the hard drives off computers which died, and I kept the drives from. I'm on my last two drives, and I'm not able to access either. I plug them in--...
  9. New computer can't access old hard drives

New computer can't access old hard drives: My old Asus laptop died last week, psu might be the issue. Anyway, decided to get a new laptop and just try to retrieve my info with an IDE/SATA adapter. Every time I connect up the old hard drive, the usual jingle chimes in to let me know I've connected something, but the...
  10. Can't access old Hard Drive, need help!

Can't access old Hard Drive, need help!: I'm new to this forum, and here's what happened. My old Windows XP Desktop stopped running 2 weeks ago, with a No OS Found error. Since then I've taken the hard drive out and connected it to my new Windows 10 desktop with a USB 2.0 to SATA Adapter. It does not show up in...