Windows 10: Accessing an old widows PC but Password is not recognised although I have reset it and can...

Discus and support Accessing an old widows PC but Password is not recognised although I have reset it and can... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi...I am trying to access an old desktop using my 'email address' ...it did not accept the password so I reset it via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Warde Wynter1, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Accessing an old widows PC but Password is not recognised although I have reset it and can...

Hi...I am trying to access an old desktop using my 'email address' ...it did not accept the password so I reset it via https://account.live.com/password/resetwhen i try and log on to the old pc after the reset, it still says my password is incorrect. I know the password works on my laptop as I am logged into this account for this forumThe old laptop is onlineCheersWarde

:)

Warde Wynter1, Jul 29, 2022
  2. Cazzerdw Win User

Reset win10 pc but password not recognised

Performed the reset keeping files option, due to constant crashing. It appeared to go smoothly and now have the login screen requesting a password.

Before the reset I was using a pin code which I think was associated with windows live login but neither this or the windows live password are recognised. The password for windows live is ok on other devices, such as the tablet I am using now, and I can
    see that the pc is a listed device.

I changed the wl password but it's still not recognised on the reset pc.

No other passwords that I am likely to have used are recognised either.

There is only the one account on the pc.

I don't know what to do now. Can anyone advise please?

Cazzerdw, Jul 29, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 29, 2022
  4. Accessing an old widows PC but Password is not recognised although I have reset it and can...

I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Jul 29, 2022
Thema:

Accessing an old widows PC but Password is not recognised although I have reset it and can...

1. Accessing an old widows PC but Password is not recognised although I have reset it and can... - Similar Threads - Accessing old widows

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. I have a password i want to reset to a old password is it possible to retake a old password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a password i want to reset to a old password is it possible to retake a old password: I have a bug in my pc that it reset my pc i can solve the problem but i went to change my password and later i went to retake my old password i it says that i can retake it because its a old password can i just retake my old password ?...
  5. I have a password i want to reset to a old password is it possible to retake a old password

I have a password i want to reset to a old password is it possible to retake a old password: I have a bug in my pc that it reset my pc i can solve the problem but i went to change my password and later i went to retake my old password i it says that i can retake it because its a old password can i just retake my old password ?...
  6. Accessing an old widows PC but Password is not recognised although I have reset it and can...

Accessing an old widows PC but Password is not recognised although I have reset it and can...: Hi...I am trying to access an old desktop using my 'email address' ...it did not accept the password so I reset it via https://account.live.com/password/resetwhen i try and log on to the old pc after the reset, it still says my password is incorrect. I know the password works...
  7. My admin password was changed for widows 10. How can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My admin password was changed for widows 10. How can I reset it?: My windows administrator password was changed remotely without me knowing it. I do not know what it was changed to. How do I override it, and change it back to a password that I created?...
  8. Can I allow access to a PC on my home network without that PC having a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I allow access to a PC on my home network without that PC having a password?: Small home network, connected by cable and wifi. 2 PC's on Win 10, one laptop on Win 10, a tablet and our phones. FTTC (65 down, 30 up) internet. In the UK. Currently my PC (Win 10 Pro) has a password because I share a drive on it to the others. The only way to allow the...
  9. Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info): Microsoft account issues I do not have access to any of the old info .. that IP is closed and not accessible any longer....
  10. Passwords not recognised, reset required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Passwords not recognised, reset required: Hi, I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then used what I thought my password had been before I changed to using a pin but as it is a while ago I may have got it wrong...