Windows 10: Accessing another computer on my WIFI network

Discus and support Accessing another computer on my WIFI network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a WIFI network with by PC, my notebook, multifunction centre and NAS. I can access the MFC and NAS from both my PC and notebook - no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenM46-0816, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Accessing another computer on my WIFI network

I have a WIFI network with by PC, my notebook, multifunction centre and NAS.

I can access the MFC and NAS from both my PC and notebook - no problems.

From my notebook I can access files on my PC - no problems.

However, when trying to access my notebook file from my PC and I told that I cannot access the notebook as I do not have permissions and to contact the administrator to arrange access permissions. I have the same login for both computers and that login is also the administrator account.

Any suggestions how I can access the notebook files from my PC?

I don't know if it has any affect but I have One-drive on the startup menu and it will not open during the login process - I did have a Onedrive account for a company I was contracted to but no longer and do not wish to have that account but cannot see where I can delete it. Would it have any interference with access permissions for my notebook? Seems remote but sometimes the most ridiculous-seeming factors are the cause of the problem.

Many thank

Ken M

:)

KenM46-0816, Apr 14, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Apr 14, 2019
  3. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Apr 14, 2019
  4. asus2016 Win User

Accessing another computer on my WIFI network

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      Accessing another computer on my WIFI network [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Accessing another computer on my WIFI network

1. Accessing another computer on my WIFI network - Similar Threads - Accessing another computer

2. You can not access another computer on the Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can not access another computer on the Network: Home networrk connects a laptop windows 10 to new desktop Windows 11. The icons show up under NETWORK, but when i use laptop to connnect to the new desktop i get message, "Does not have permission to access \\Dell-3910." Any suggestions?...
  3. You can not access another computer on the Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You can not access another computer on the Network: Home networrk connects a laptop windows 10 to new desktop Windows 11. The icons show up under NETWORK, but when i use laptop to connnect to the new desktop i get message, "Does not have permission to access \\Dell-3910." Any suggestions?...
  4. Network yoou can not access another computer on second computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network yoou can not access another computer on second computer: Home networrk connects a laptop windows 10 to new desktop Windows 11. The icons show uo under NETWORK, but when i use laptop to connnect to new desktop i get message, Does not have permission to access \\Dell-3910....
  5. network access to another computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    network access to another computer: Trying to access drives on an old computer through my network, I'm told that I don't have permission to access the specific folder on the remote device. It says to contact my network administrator to request access. Since I am the network administrator, how do I give access...
  6. Can't access another computer on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access another computer on my network: Since I've updated Windows, I can no longer access my other computer that I have networked. It says I do not have permission to access the computer. I've never had to utilize a user/password....
  7. Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.: Basically, I have two houses with two desktops, and a laptop that I take everywhere. I would like to be able to share a specific folder or two (not OneDrive, it will not work) with my two desktops, and if possible, to my laptop as well. If it helps, I always run Enterprise on...
  8. how to access a file on another computer on my network

how to access a file on another computer on my network: how to access a file on another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-file-on-another-computer-on-my/e78a8b3e-f5d5-478a-a12f-1fe718d68b4a
  9. Access to another computer on my home network.

Access to another computer on my home network.: When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my computers. What now?...
  10. permission to access files on another network computer

permission to access files on another network computer: How do I get permission to access files on another network computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-access-files-on-another-network/e5166044-cbc5-4c16-9955-4a8100372113

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accessing other computers on wifi network

2. I cant get all three of my computers on the same wifi pasword win 7

3. network with another computer on my wifi network