Windows 10: Accessing Archived mail folders

Discus and support Accessing Archived mail folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - don't know if anyone can help or even if there is a workaround. I have had the same hotmail account for years but since changing to Mail for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichelleForeman, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Accessing Archived mail folders

Hi - don't know if anyone can help or even if there is a workaround.

I have had the same hotmail account for years but since changing to Mail for Windows I cant link to the old archived .pst folders that I saved.

I used to be able to simply click and then pick up the folder and it would show in my folder list but now I cant and I need to access some old emails.

When I try to open the files it wont open because it needs the old outlook to launch it.

Anyone help ?

Thanks

Michelle

:)

MichelleForeman, Apr 1, 2020

2. ARCHIVE folder missing

Ok, So under Win 10 mail, the archive folder isn't appearing. And I apologize, but I'm not familiar with Tiscali.co.uk Mail, do you login through gmail to access it? If so, when you do, you see your archive folder? Just want to make sure I have accurate
    information so I can give you the best steps to remedy this.

-C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Accessing Archived mail folders

Mail Archive

Hello,

Let me simplify this.

Archiving an email is moving and placing it in a Archive folder, where it will continue to exist but will no longer be cluttering your inbox. Moreover these mails will still be accessible in the future if required.

You can find those mails in your Archive folder. When you click
    Expand on top, you can find the Archive
    folder down there on left pane (I.e. Refer the Picture below). If you want to move the mail back to your inbox from Archive, then you can just drag them and drop to your inbox.

Accessing Archived mail folders 9ca8ce6c-cc28-439b-8618-9167a202a571.jpg

If you don't find a folder labeled as Archive, then try to re-launch the Mail app, after restarting your PC post complete shutdown. Do check for any available update for Mail and Calendar app from Windows Store. If any, try to update and
    see if problem still occurs.

If problem still persist, then remove and re-create Mail account in Windows Mail app.

• Launch Mail App from start menu, then click the
      Settings (I.e. Gear Icon) in the lower left of the Mail App.
    • Select Accounts on the right side menu.
    • Click the account you want to remove, then click Delete, and
      Yes to verify deleting the account information.
    • Once done, click the + Add account, Select, Gmail, Yahoo, or other for the appropriate account, then input the username and password for the account, follow the prompts till complete.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Accessing Archived mail folders

1. Accessing Archived mail folders - Similar Threads - Accessing Archived mail

2. Retrieving archived mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieving archived mail: Important emails accidently archived rather than moved to folder. How do I get them back? Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-archived-mail/76f61b49-74e9-4c4e-a673-a0d4d44cd17b
  3. Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10: Hi I am able to archive emails in Microsoft Mail app. But not able to see Archive folder. Not sure where my emails are being archieved. How tomlocate my Archive folder. Please see below snapshot with Archive Folder. [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 mail archive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail archive: Here is my dilemma. I worked for a company that used google business including gmail. I used the windows 10 email client for gmail, and not their web mail. When I left the company, they obviously rescinded my access to those accounts. All I care about is my emails from the...
  5. Windows Mail Archive Button

Windows Mail Archive Button: Hello, In Windows mail I have three accounts set up. Two of them are gmail accounts, the third is a mail.com account. With the gmail accounts I have the option to quickly archive emails using the toolbar button or the "quick action" button on the email card itself. However,...
  6. New mail defaults to Archive folder

New mail defaults to Archive folder: I use Windows 10 Mail App which worked fine until the synch failed. I fixed this using the method recommended in MS Community, including an update of Win 10 Mail. Now I have an annoying little puzzle: New Mail defaults to the Archive folder with nothing new going to the...
  7. Windows Mail Archive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Archive: Just moved to this app from windows live mail Accidently hit the archive button, where did the email go? I don't see an archive folder... I do notice when I click on, and enter "all mail" the email is now shown, however if I'm in the inbox it isn't. (Wish I could get rid...
  8. where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail

where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail: where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/where-the-archive-folder-for-windows-10-mail/62ec34de-5468-4d36-8b3c-87f0c54c7684
  9. Location of Archive Folder of Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Archive Folder of Windows 10 Mail: Spent hours trying to find an answer; hopefully someone here can help! I want to be able to backup the archive folder for my Windows 10 mail to an external hard drive. Does anyone know where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail is located on the computer C: drive? 109716
  10. Where is "Archive" in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Where is "Archive" in Mail app: Hi all, Just started to use the "Mail" app on a new work PC I built with W-10 Pro. Eval. copy Build 14316.rs1 release 160402-2217 I have 5 accounts set up on it and sort of like it. The only confusing thing I found, and haven't found an answer, is what happens to messages...