Windows 10: Accessing BIOS menu

Discus and support Accessing BIOS menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I access the BIOS menu when none of the keys at the blue logon screen will function to get to the BIOS? I have also tried going through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewVorkink, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Accessing BIOS menu

How do I access the BIOS menu when none of the keys at the blue logon screen will function to get to the BIOS? I have also tried going through the Recovery and restart mode in Settings under Update and Security but there is no option to change the UEFI firmware (as my disk is in legacy mode). I also tried Troubleshooting under Recovery but none of the listed options (F1 through F9, not F10, nor even Enter) is active.

:)

AndrewVorkink, Nov 5, 2018

2. Accessing BIOS menu

How do I access the BIOS menu when none of the keys at the blue logon screen will function to get to the BIOS? I have also tried going through the Recovery and restart mode in Settings under Update and Security but there is no option to change the UEFI
    firmware (as my disk is in legacy mode). I also tried Troubleshooting under Recovery but none of the listed options (F1 through F9, not F10, nor even Enter) is active.

3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Accessing BIOS menu

Accessing BIOS menu

Thanks. I will try both those ideas. As to the first one, I am not sure it will work as from what I see online Windows 10 intentionally may have omitted the logo entry into BIOS due to many PCs having fastboots where users don't
    have time to hit the boot key. I don't have fast boot and have lots of time to hit the various F keys before Windows loads. The Windows 10 supposed solution to the logon entry is to reach the BIOS via the Recovery and restart route where the user is supposed
    to find a UEFI firmware option which then goes to the boot menu. However, in legacy mode I don't have UEFI firmware and the restart menu won't take me to a workable screen. I do get a PE screen which list options but again, the keyboard will not activate any
    of the options listed (namely F1 through F9 and F10). I'll try your two suggestions tomorrow and see what happens.

Thema:

Accessing BIOS menu

1. Accessing BIOS menu - Similar Threads - Accessing BIOS menu

2. Bios Menu not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios Menu not showing: So I'm currently having this problem where the Bios menu doesn't appear no matter what I do. I've gone through multiple methods, such as restarting my computer through the restore thing, and also tried to start my computer while holding down a key For this method, I've tried...
  3. Bios Menu not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios Menu not showing: So I'm currently having this problem where the Bios menu doesn't appear no matter what I do. I've gone through multiple methods, such as restarting my computer through the restore thing, and also tried to start my computer while holding down a key For this method, I've tried...
  4. Bios Menu not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. bios menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bios menu: I am just trying to turn my hdd pw off. The only way I know to do this is in the bios menu. For some reason my pc won't load into bios. I have never had this trouble before. I have tried all 3 methods I know. I first went to settings and to the restart options to load startup...
  6. bios menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bios menu: I am just trying to turn my hdd pw off. The only way I know to do this is in the bios menu. For some reason my pc won't load into bios. I have never had this trouble before. I have tried all 3 methods I know. I first went to settings and to the restart options to load startup...
  7. bios menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup: I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H motherboard and installed some DVD drives to rip music off of CDs. Doing so, the boot order got messed up and I was unable to get to the Boot Menu (F12 key) or the Bios (using the delete key). I tried a wired USB keyboard and tried using the...
  9. Can't access BIOS Menu in first try!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS Menu in first try!: Hi, I've this issue since I did clean install of Windows 10. It simply don't let me in BIOS menu on tapping the DEL key now and simply continue booting Windows 10. And I could only access BIOS menu when I restart it. And if I again turn it off and then start it then again...
  10. no bios access

in Windows 10 Support
    no bios access: I can't access my bios at all, theres no option in the start up nor when i go into the windows recovery option, ive tried spamming f2 and so on, can someone please help? I'm not very good with computers either. [img] [img] 91601