Windows 10: Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu

Discus and support Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Although I'm an Admin on my Win 10 Pro system (Surface Laptop), I can't access the subject menu. Instead, I receive the SysAdmin notice, as in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimmyW, Jul 29, 2017.

1. JimmyW Win User

Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu

Although I'm an Admin on my Win 10 Pro system (Surface Laptop), I can't access the subject menu. Instead, I receive the SysAdmin notice, as in the screenshot. This seems like a new "feature," as I could access it from my previous Win 10 Surface. I suppose that I could make myself a System account, perhaps with PsTolols, but is there an easier way? I can access the submenus in the screenshot, e.g., Suspend protection. Maybe there's really nothing to access, but what what settings are "managed by the SysAdmin? Thanks.

:)

JimmyW, Jul 29, 2017
  2. B0nzo Win User

Bitlocker aks for PIN before booting but encryption is not shown activated for drive in Windows

Hi,

I use Windows 10 Pro on a self encrypting Samsung SSD Drive and configured/installed it by following this guide How to Enable BitLocker Hardware Encryption with SSDs • Helge Klein.
    I configured bitlocker to ask for a PIN before booting Windows and the lock symbol in the explorer as well as manage-bde status command showed that bitlocker successfully encrypted system drive C: and really used hardware encryption of the Samsung drive. Everything
    seemed to work fine, but after I updated most of the drivers for my Dell Inspron 15 7559 to the newest version (Support für Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland) bitlocker first asked to enter the recovey key
    because configuration has changed and then the bitlocker symbol in Windows explorer was gone. Also the “activate bitlocker” symbol in the context menu did not appear. I tried to start the graphical interface of the bitlocker management tool but no reaction.
    When I used the commandlet manage-bde I got “ERROR: The volume C: could not be opened by BitLocker. This may be because the volume does not exist, or because it is not a valid BitLocker volume”. But bitlocker kept asking for a pin on bootup and I could not
    access the drive with a Live OS. So the drive still seemed to be encrypted (also using bitlocker recovery mode and executing the manage-bde -status command on c: showed that the drive was encrypted) but Windows did not recognize that after boot. After restoring
    system files by an image and reboot I could access the bitlocker management tool and option in the context menu again. Now bitlocker was not activated on c: but bitlocker just had asked me to enter the pin before booting. If I tried to activate bitlocker now,
    I was asked if I wanted a part or the whole partitation encrypted, which indicates that bitlock did NOT try to use the hardware but a software encryption. So obviously hardware encryption with pre-boot authentication is activated on my system but after booting
    bitlocker in Windows does not show that and offers me to activate bitlocker by using software encryption. How can I restore/reset bitlocker to recognize the encrypted harddisk again and access the settings for my hardware encrypted drive (for example change
    pin etc.)?

Thanks to all in advance!

B0nzo, Jul 29, 2017
  3. External SSD drve security

Only Windows 10 Pro has built in encryption called BitLocker Drive Encryption. For external drives such as your SSD, you can use BitLocker to Go:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/encrypt-flash-...

If you don't have Windows 10 Pro, you will need to upgrade to it first to access this feature.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2017
Thema:

Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu

1. Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu - Similar Threads - Accessing Bitlocker Drive

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I started to decrypt an external hard drive that I got from Seagate with my recovered files on it. Too late they contacted me and said that they didn't recommend my decrypting it but if I started it I needed to let it finish. They told me that I had to turn to MS to get...
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Encrypted Drive: Hi Microsoft! I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad that ran a Windows 10 OS. Unfortunately, the OS has been corrupted and that left me unable to access my work files on the SSD Drive. The laptop vendor had enabled the bitlocker on the drive, however, I had no copy of the recovery...
  4. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Bitlocker Drive Encryption: Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already encrypted via...
  5. Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive

Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive: I am getting rid of a desktop with a bitlocker encrypted C drive. I want to physically remove that drive and have access to it from another pc via external usb dock or enclosire Bitlocker question: Do I need to decrypt it first ? I was thinking with the key or the password...
  6. Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive: I am getting rid of a desktop with a bitlocker encrypted C drive. I want to physically remove that drive and have access to it from another pc via external usb dock or enclosire Bitlocker question: Do I need to decrypt it first ? I was thinking with the key or the password...
  7. Bitlocker encrypted drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypted drive access denied: When I open bitlocker password protected drive than error shows that "The code execution cannot proceed because FVEAPI.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". plz help me and how to fix this error. window 10 pro education version1909 [ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive: I add bitlocker to one off my drive after window it cant open with the password and even with the bitlocker recovery key . ***Original title: Bitlocker***...
  9. BitLocker Drive Encryption

BitLocker Drive Encryption: When I was trying to encrypt my external hard ( ADATA SH93 USB DEVICE ) and after I got the recovery key, I couldn't continue with BitLocker Drive Encryption. Now I can’t open my external hard, anymore, I tried several times, I changed also the computer but I can’t do...
  10. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i access bitlocker from bios menu

2. how to access bitlocker menu