Windows 10: Accessing credentials

Discus and support Accessing credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently trying to access a shared drive set up on my PC from another PC. Only my PC is visible when clicking on network in the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kayleigh20G, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Accessing credentials

Hi,

I am currently trying to access a shared drive set up on my PC from another PC.

Only my PC is visible when clicking on network in the file explorer. Can you please advise how to ensure the other PC is visible and can access the shared drive?

This is windows 10.

Thanks

Kayleigh

:)

Kayleigh20G, Sep 3, 2020

2. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Accessing credentials

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Accessing credentials

1. Accessing credentials - Similar Threads - Accessing credentials

2. I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager: Ever since I My passwords do not show up when I click on the tab for them in the Wallet page and I can't access my credentials as every time I try to it says "You do not have permission to save files to this location. Select a different location". I have tried other solutions...
  3. I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager: Ever since I My passwords do not show up when I click on the tab for them in the Wallet page and I can't access my credentials as every time I try to it says "You do not have permission to save files to this location. Select a different location". I have tried other solutions...
  4. Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!: Dear all, I hope you will be able to help me because I am going crazy here...I think this is due to an update, and since then I encounter a lot of issues:1. first I could not use my PIN anymore to connect. This one I managed to resolve using a tutorial.but I STILL have other...
  5. Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!

Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!: Dear all, I hope you will be able to help me because I am going crazy here...I think this is due to an update, and since then I encounter a lot of issues:1. first I could not use my PIN anymore to connect. This one I managed to resolve using a tutorial.but I STILL have other...
  6. Does MS account credentials give perps access to local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does MS account credentials give perps access to local files: Can someone remotely access my "local" hard drive files if they steal my Microsoft Account login credentials? Obviously nothing is fool-proof but basically comparing Microsoft account versus Local account for "local" files only on new Windows 11 latop. I have always used...
  7. Does MS account credentials give perps access to local files

Does MS account credentials give perps access to local files: Can someone remotely access my "local" hard drive files if they steal my Microsoft Account login credentials? Obviously nothing is fool-proof but basically comparing Microsoft account versus Local account for "local" files only on new Windows 11 latop. I have always used...
  8. Invalid credentials when attempting to access windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid credentials when attempting to access windows 10: Using Beyond trust Privilged remote accessHello, on the same windows VM, I created both a RemoteRDP jump method and RemoteJump methodThe RemoteRDP works perfectly with no issues.But when i try to access the VM using the Remote jump method an error message occurs stating that...
  9. Invalid credentials when attempting to access windows 10

Invalid credentials when attempting to access windows 10: Using Beyond trust Privilged remote accessHello, on the same windows VM, I created both a RemoteRDP jump method and RemoteJump methodThe RemoteRDP works perfectly with no issues.But when i try to access the VM using the Remote jump method an error message occurs stating that...
  10. The credentials supplied are not sufficient to access this printer

in Windows 10 News
    The credentials supplied are not sufficient to access this printer: [IMG]Some Windows users reported that they could not install a printer on a local workstation. They get an error stating that The credentials supplied are not sufficient to access this printer, which means that the username and password provided to access the printer are...